Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[QLD] New speed cameras...

Cúl-Báire

Reaction score
Members Ride
AUII XR8 Ute & BAII XR6
They are getting sneaky, I saw a pair of coppers hiding in the bus shelter on Old Cleveland Rd, in front of the Mobil servo before Carindale SC. They looked like they were having a blast with their radar, itching to chase people down on their bikes.

Same area, I've also seen a hilux with canopy, complete with orange light on top, a VS ute that looks like a dog catcher, and a Volksy Golf with what from a distance appeard to be be a bike rack on the back. I've copped two fines in the last month (maybe this is telling me something)... I thought in QLD speed cameras of all discriptions had to be signed (i.e. like on the freeway with those sign boards infront of the snappy van where you cant see it before its too late).

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Here is some pics.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 234
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 233
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 216
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 259

psycho_smurf

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Crewman V6
"BTW : any kids playing on a dual lane carriageway at 10pm should expect to get run over." that is hilarious! Imagine how good it would be if you could go faster after 10pm when 90% of the pedestrians are not trying to be targets.

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
I don't really have a point - self proclaiming it a rant should have given that away.

I get it - I was doing the wrong thing and have to pay the piper - I get that, no problem. It's not just me that I don't want flashed in the face - it's the other guy on the road coming towards me that I don't want flashed either.

BTW : any kids playing on a dual lane carriageway at 10pm should expect to get run over.

I am not complaining about being booked, but are you seriously saying you don't regularly travel at 10k over the speed limit when you consider it safe to do so? Neither am I saying that judging it safe makes it okay to do so - not for me or anybody else.

Flame on if you must - but let's be adult about this.

I didn't say "kids playing on the road". Toddlers escape and go "walkies", one was killed just this year in Brisbane. I am saying speed restrictions are there for a reason, like it or not. And you are right, old mate probably didn't want a flash in the face either.....
If I do travel at ten k's over the speed limit, it is out on a quiet country road where the only innocent victim might be a rogue 'roo or rabbit.

No, speed cameras, or "flash for cash" as we call them don't all have to have signs near them now. The new ones like have been shown in the photos in this thread will most likely not be accompanied by a sign. Not that they ever put the signs in a position that lets you see them before it's too late.

Fletch_QLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
Imagine how good it would be if you could go faster after 10pm when 90% of the pedestrians are not trying to be targets.

Don't forget - a lot of the pedestrians that are around at that time of night have diminished faculties - and are even less predictable than kids ...

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
I don't really have a point - self proclaiming it a rant should have given that away.

I get it - I was doing the wrong thing and have to pay the piper - I get that, no problem. It's not just me that I don't want flashed in the face - it's the other guy on the road coming towards me that I don't want flashed either.

BTW : any kids playing on a dual lane carriageway at 10pm should expect to get run over.

I am not complaining about being booked, but are you seriously saying you don't regularly travel at 10k over the speed limit when you consider it safe to do so? Neither am I saying that judging it safe makes it okay to do so - not for me or anybody else.

Flame on if you must - but let's be adult about this.

Knew you'd react this way lol mate im just saying a km or so over isn't as big of a deal as doing 10kmh over the speed limit... so you can't complain you got caught speeding and a flash.

Also i find your reference to 'little kids on the road at night should get run over if they are out past 10pm', is f**king stupid. Also could be a kid or animal. Good luck explaining to a parent you ran over their child and your response is 'he had it coming for being out past 10pm'

done with this thread now, had me 2 cents :)

Cúl-Báire

Reaction score
Members Ride
AUII XR8 Ute & BAII XR6
No, speed cameras, or "flash for cash" as we call them don't all have to have signs near them now. The new ones like have been shown in the photos in this thread will most likely not be accompanied by a sign. Not that they ever put the signs in a position that lets you see them before it's too late.

I find this comment interesting, and might investigate further if I have the time, I wouldn't be supprised if they QLDPOL were just trying it on; I mean why would they display a sign if they didn't legally have to? There is no logical reason for this especially considering in other states they are happy to dress up like ninjas and jump out from behind buildings, etc... if it means sticking it in your arse for speeding.

sik_dose

Hybrids. Cars for fools.
Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 VL Calais Turbo, VZ SV6
I speed every day. Because im a delivery driver i need to be places on time and i know the roads i travel on so im never paying fines.

Fletch_QLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
done with this thread now, had me 2 cents :)

lmao - jump in, drop a few insults then turn your back, fingers in ears humming to yourseld *lalalala I'm not listening*

I never complained about the consequences of my actions - deserved and almost expected - a calculated risk of doing so many miles. The important thing is that I was never doing anything unsafe - unlawful for sure, and deserved of a slap on the wrist? - indeed. $130 and 1 point - a slap on the wrist - expected, anticipated and deserved. What I was doing was wrong - no problem there - but it was never ever ever unsafe.

If I was to injure a child whilst driving I would be mortified - whether 10k over or 10k under the prescribed speed limit. Driving to conditions is more important than driving to posted limits.

I never said kids on the road at 10pm "should get run over", I said they should "expect to" - much as people who speed "should expect to" get fined.

I sped, I got fined. My breach of the traffic act is indefensible - and I NEVER complained about that. But I will defend my position that I was not being unsafe. Check the stats - more kids get run over in driveways than on the open road by "speed demons"

In closing, I would suggest that stating my opinion is "f**king stupid" reflects more on you than it does me. Consider all things in context and it will help you relate to reality. Surely I don't need to insert a *sarcasm* emoticon every time I choose to be ironic ? (my natural state)