Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[QLD] New speed cameras...

Fletch_QLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
So, I came across one of the new unmarked speed cameras the other night. No markings/signage of any kind. Pinged me doing 71 in a 60 zone approxiomately 300m after the speed limit changed down from 70, 10pm on a week night.

*begin rant* Now the thing that gets me - as if I was not already on a destructive killer rampage at 11kmh over the safe speed for the area, they had to go and blind me with a flash in the face at night?

Surely this is dangerous? I mean, not as dangerous as going 11 kmh over the speed limit in a retail precinct - after hours and with light traffic due to all the kiddies being in bed....

seriosly though - rant over...

watch out dudes - they are getting tricky. I feel I have used up my 9 lives, the number of speed cameras I have seen in time to slow down, i usually feel confident at 10k over. I guess those days are gone *sob*

be safe!

dirt drifter

white trash hillbillie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5L M6 VS 6L M6
bastards! what sort of car was it? sounds like i'll really have to keep my eyes open next time im up that way

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Yeah isn't it annoying when people can't slow down 11km/h in 300 metres. I mean its not like the car won't lose that speed if you just took your foot off the accelerator.

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
You can't ramt about being caught doing 71 in a 60 zone cos you were driving illegally (yes we all go a km or 2 over sometimes, but 11 is a big difference mate).

More importantly, what type of car was it and what area did you see it?

Fletch_QLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
I can't believe you can preach at me for speeding - but care where it was/what it looked like. If you only ever go 2k over, you have nothing to worry about. My actions were Illegal yes, and I know it - fair cop and all that, but so what? Saying you go only 2k over is a little naive. Dollars for doughnuts - everyone breaks the 10k over limit more often than most would admit.

And for the record - I was ranting about the flash in the face ...

jetboy

You learn til u die
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT exec
new qld speed camera utes !!!!!

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 355
  • image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 499

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
What is your point? I mean really, as a driver you should know that as you reach/or have passed a speed restriction sign, you legally must be doing that speed or less.
A flash in the face is nothing compared to a poor little kid who could have been hit by your neglegence. Ie speed restrictions are there for a reason, like it or not. Don't want a flash in the face? Don't speed.

Fletch_QLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
I don't really have a point - self proclaiming it a rant should have given that away.

I get it - I was doing the wrong thing and have to pay the piper - I get that, no problem. It's not just me that I don't want flashed in the face - it's the other guy on the road coming towards me that I don't want flashed either.

BTW : any kids playing on a dual lane carriageway at 10pm should expect to get run over.

I am not complaining about being booked, but are you seriously saying you don't regularly travel at 10k over the speed limit when you consider it safe to do so? Neither am I saying that judging it safe makes it okay to do so - not for me or anybody else.

Flame on if you must - but let's be adult about this.