Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Ve Pics!!!!

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I'm going to have my bro-in-law run that rego for me to find out who its registered to :p

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
minux said:
I am doubting this is a holden, in all of the years commodores have been around the exhaust has been on the left hand side...now its on the right side? What gives?
Can only guess that now the fuel tank is placed more forward that it doesnt matter which side the exhaust comes out from....

392RWkwSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
minux said:
I am doubting this is a holden, in all of the years commodores have been around the exhaust has been on the left hand side...now its on the right side? What gives?

haha y r u doubting it? does it look too good to be a commodore???? lol
my guess is that this particular car is the new acclaim or whatever they choose to call it.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
minux said:

Havent you been looking at anything to do with the VE? All the models have an exhaust out both the left AND right rear side....With the V8 having the quad exhaust and the V6 having just the dual exhaust....

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
392RWkwSS said:
haha y r u doubting it? does it look too good to be a commodore???? lol
my guess is that this particular car is the new acclaim or whatever they choose to call it.
Actually it looks to ugly to be a commodore, i myself am not a fan of a hybrid BMW/Mazda 6

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
1991_Vn2nV said:
Havent you been looking at anything to do with the VE? All the models have an exhaust out both the left AND right rear side....With the V8 having the quad exhaust and the V6 having just the dual exhaust....

That is a SINGLE exhaust out the drivers side only, every holden made has had the exhausts out the left side(obviously excepting import rebadged ****).

For me the car doesnt look big enough to house the 6.0 V8, let alone any of the driveline. Anyway, i guess i will wait and see, but if these ARE the VE which no one actually knows, then i doubt i will bother buying one.

blackahcdx

Reaction score
Stop doubting because THAT IS THE VE!!!!

They can now put exhausts on both sides because of the new platform, the fuel tank is positioned in the middle , ahead of the rear suspension, thus allowing pipes to pass either side.

And i think all models have the flutes on the side, that pic of the RED VE exec in Motor showed it too had them

More pics!!!

dsc002507vd.jpg

dsc002517cy.jpg

originally from
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au...#r454

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
Nice pics, thanks black astra! I wonder why they blurred the plates, makes me sad (because I was making an index of all the pre-released VEs)

blackahcdx

Reaction score
more pics, taken today!!
DSCF2173.JPG

DSCF2172.JPG

DSCF2171.JPG

DSCF2170.JPG

DSCF2169.JPG

DSCF2167.JPG

DSCF2166.JPG

DSCF2165.JPG

DSCF2164.JPG

DSCF2163.JPG

DSCF2174.JPG

F

foammedia

I think the middle of the car looks ace :) not so sure about the rest yet but I'd still buy a BA or BF turbo if I was buying a modern car