Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Next Car

What should be my next car?

• XR5T

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GOLF GTI MK6

• MAZDA 3 MPS

• FOCUS ST

• WRX, WRX STI

• Total voters

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
do you know of some problems concerning those two specifically?

No, I do not. My knowledge (and interest) extends to that the XR5 has a turbo'd 5 cyl Volvo engine, and the GTI is a go-kart on steroids.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
were those all from full to zero at the end of each tank?

As per the litres per fill (left hand column), not from empty.

Monday is the cheapest day of the week for fuel in Perth due to the fuel cycle here so I full up then, irrespective of empty or not.

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder Ute, MKII LV XR5 TURBO
As per the litres per fill (left hand column), not from empty.

Monday is the cheapest day of the week for fuel in Perth due to the fuel cycle here so I full up then, irrespective of empty or not.
oh okay. really useful info, thank you.

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
No, I do not. My knowledge (and interest) extends to that the XR5 has a turbo'd 5 cyl Volvo engine, and the GTI is a go-kart on steroids.
my friends XR5T goes really well. keeps up with V8s as well with his tune. a fun little car. as well as the GTI. i do know that the ford focus have a certain engine problem between the 1st and second cylinder that if you put too much power on the motor it could get wrecked

rtmpgt

Reaction score
Website
www.pgt.design
Members Ride
2010 VE1.5 SV6 Ute
Commodore V8s: Plenty of parts support, bulletproof in stock form, ballsy af and easy to tune if you wanna mod them
XR5T: sounds like a Mini V10, practical AF, engines have issues but if you leave them alone, you'll love them.
VWs: driven mostly by wankers who love to vape and spend more time worrying about wheel clearance than performance, but they're solid cars. Do a Golf right and they'll go like the clappers. I'd take a GTI over an R anyday, but i'd rather walk than have to deal with all the CELs.

IMHO, get a Commodore. VE SS or Calais V wagon to be exact. If you have an LS-derived engine, you automatically win. Then again what kinda JC member would I be if I didn't recommend a Commodore.

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah, still deciding what to get. XR5T are nice cars but yeah keep it simple with them. my friend got his at stage 1 and goes really well. i prefer the GTI over the R though the R looks awesome. yes a lot of people tend to drive them up the wall which is why i am selective when it comes to looking for one. my eye are set on one right now. very well looked after. and as for the v8 still looking around for a good deal. i am picky so i will wait to see what comes out. thanks for the advice