Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Nfl

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
It has been a quiet two weeks in the NFL as teams start to get into the grind of the season.

A heap of great games have happened with a number of close games and OT thrillers.

Injuries to star players keep piling up.

And also there are no undefeated teams left after 5 weeks. The 'Cards being the last undefeated team and they went down to the Broncos where Manning threw his 500th touchdown pass.

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
Anyone else see that Jarryd Hayne quit league to pursue a NFL career. I wonder what position he will play.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Wide receiver maybe?

How fast can he run ? Unless he is putting out low 4 sec 40 yards he won't have much chance. And then there's the playbook. Good luck getting his head around that in a hurry.

nfl_rd_bennett01_580.jpg

"Chiefs running back Michael Bennett shows off his offensive playbook. Under former coordinator Al Saunders, Kansas City's offensive playbook was 700 pages."

And this is dated but gives you an idea - In NFL, the playbook is sacred - NFL - ESPN

And for the uninitiated - some pages from an NFL playbook - http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2007/0828/cardinals_playbook.pdf

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
I don't think he is explosive enough for WR. He will struggle getting off the line and it will take time for him to learn how to run routes.

As for his 40 I would be thinking somewhere around the low 4.4s to 4.5s

I don't think he is fast enough to be a returner either. And yeah the playbook is killer. It will be interesting to see how he goes but I can see him back in the NRL next year, much like Benji Marshall (I hope to be proven wrong though).

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
Another NFL week in the books.

This week Peyton Manning set the record for the most TD passes by a QB at 509 (mark now stands at 510) breaking Brett Favre's record of 508.

Manning will have this record for a very long time.

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
It has been a month since I last posted in here...so what has been happening?

A bucket load of injuries.

No news on Hayne but a lot of stories about Aussies making it in college (mostly punters)

The Broncos are tanking :( and the Chiefs are catching up.

The Pats and Packers are on the rise. As were the cards before Palmer went down for the season.

AP got suspended the rest of the year and Josh Gordon is back for his first game this week.

This really could be anyone's season with a lot of good teams struggling or still finding their way.

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
Ah what a few weeks can do for you.

The Broncos are on the top of the AFC West as the Chargers and Chiefs have struggled in recent weeks.

The Pats and Broncos are fighting for the #1 seed in the AFC.

The Packers are in Superbowl form and the 'Hawks lead by the LoB are also coming good at the right time of the year.

Cam Newton rolled his 'truck' and broke two bones in his back. He could be out a little while. The Panthers though are still in the hunt for the NFC South as it looks like the division will be won by a team under .500

Hayne had a few visits with east coast teams. At this stage he is probably only going to be offered a future contract for next year.

AP is still suspended and the NFL now has a new conduct policy which is completely controlled by the NFL and the owners. Sorry players.

Oh and there is Ray Rice...
Ray+rice+it+was+that+damn+jesus_256ac2_5375563.jpg

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
Some recent Hayne news. He had a workout in front of scouts for about 12 teams and they were impressed. A number of those teams want him in for physicals etc.

Looks like he will have a future contract for next season soon.