Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Nfl

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
Free Agency officially opened today and it has been crazy.

A lot of big trades happening around the league. The Eagles for one will look very different next year as will a lot of other teams.

Should be an interesting couple of days. Also looking good for Hayne as Frank Gore signed elsewhere.

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
There has been a little bit of news this week on the Jarrod Hayne front. He got his number, #38 and coaches have been talking him up as an athlete. Still a long way to go but I have been impressed with his work so far.

Also the NFL draft is just over a week away. It is getting closer and closer to the start of the year again.

Oh and the Eagles signed Tebow.

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
First round of the NFL draft was today. Rounds 2-3 tomorrow and 4-7 Sunday.

Looking good for Hayne so far as the niners didn't take a RB.

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
Draft all over. Was a pretty dull draft compared to some years.

Another 2-3 months before training camp, so not much happening in the near future in the NFL.

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
Little update.

The Monstar, Aussie Jesse Williams was diagnosed with cancer and will have kidney surgery. He will miss another year of football because of it. I wish him all the best in his recovery.

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
Training Camps have officially started!

A week to the first preseason games and a month to the season starts.

Get ready for the overload in Jarrod Hayne will he/or won't he make it news lol.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Small article in today's paper on Hayne talking about his upright running style and the start of full contact training with a few quotes from Reggie Bush....

"The first time somebody puts a helmet down and puts it in your chest, it'll change." & ".....football is a different game with pads on."

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
Small article in today's paper on Hayne talking about his upright running style and the start of full contact training with a few quotes from Reggie Bush....

"The first time somebody puts a helmet down and puts it in your chest, it'll change." & ".....football is a different game with pads on."

Darren McFadden has an upright running style but he also has skinny legs, both contribute to the huge amount of injuries he has had. Hopefully Jarrod can work that out and see some preseason action.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Sounds like Hayne survived the first day of pads OK.

Interestingly, I didn't realise they leave it so late to start pad training.....only 10 days before their first practise match.

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
Sounds like Hayne survived the first day of pads OK.

Interestingly, I didn't realise they leave it so late to start pad training.....only 10 days before their first practise match.

I'm not sure how the 49ers run their practices but I thought it was interesting Hayne was catching passes and taking hand-offs from Kap. Does this mean he got some snaps with the 1st team?

In the players last EA they wanted less padded practices in training camp (less pumps and bruises etc). I think they are only allowed 6 padded practices in TC and I know last year the 'Hawks got fined for running a few too many.