Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No Glovebox light in 2006 VZ

junka

MUZZA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equipe VZ
I always thought that cars who have badges removed by owners=police better check this one out, as the owner has modified the car and it is probably not legal or this car is modified so steal me:D

Having no badges on your car is as bad as having V8 badges on the car. It is a dead give away. Particularly, when the car looks hotted up from the outside and some small bloke who's head barely reaches over the steering, looking like one of the guys from "Pizza"is driving it:whistling

Better to put a badge of another engine type/size e.g. If you have a V8, replace badges with a boring V6 badge.

P.S. Yes, I am a Wog.

Burty65

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6.0litre "Thunder" Ute - Auto
No glovebox light

VZGEN4 said:
Hey guys.
Can somebody confirm this for me? Anyone with an 06 VZ SS got a glovebox light?

Damn holden cost cutting! :ranting:
Nope, no glovebox light in my SS Thunder either, and no alloy foot rest either, just the black plastic one.

Any idea on a rear exhaust mod to improve the exhaust note? Not interested in extra HP, just a better rumble.

Burty65

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6.0litre "Thunder" Ute - Auto
Dogz said:
Get over it...

Cutting cost you guessed it. I'm surprised we even have a car industry in this country.. People complain about the cost of the car yet everyone is demanding higher wages.

Holden has got to compete against Hyundai and Kia were they pay there people 5 bucks and a bowl of rice, yet here they want 38 hr week and 40 k plus a year. Add it up

Thanks for that piece on world labour costs John Howard.

If my memory serves me, Holden have been running this basic shape since 1997? You would therefore assume that most of the capital costs have been fully, or near fully depreciated? They will still be making a bucket load on their current crop of vehicles.

As for a 38 hr week, a 36 hr week is now a heavy industry standard, and $40k per year is appalling.

A

Andre's SS

hkmonaro68 said:
Yes they have deleted the glove box light and wiring harness connector on base models.

An SS aint a base model!

Yet it dont have a light in the glove box

I got on in my 05 SS VZ.

darksidewa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SVZ
You can add the glove box light. I added both the centre console light and glove box lights to my VZ.

You make up a small harness that patches in to the aux 12v poer line (in the console). To gain access remove the vent from the back of the console and you will see a 2 pin connector. Make up a small bridging harness with enough wire and connectors to reach to the left hand side of the glove box. Put the glove box switch in series with the glove box light and return the negative side back to the aux power harness. You can do the same thing for the console light. Its a pretty simple process, takes about 40 mins to install both lights.

:D

calaiscruise

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Calais VYII Gen3 5.7L V8 + Impco Sequent LPG
Dear VZGEN4

Back to your original enquiry....It's sad that Holden would delete such a cheap but a useful convenience as a glovebox light, probably as an economic decision by the "meany bean-counters".

darksidewa's tip above is helpful, I reckon you could score the light assembly for loose change at your local wrecking yard from any an older VT-VX-VY series. These little buggers are in gloveboxes, boots, console bin lids etc.

ssmate

Reaction score
Members Ride
ss thunder
Dogz said:
Get over it...

Cutting cost you guessed it. I'm surprised we even have a car industry in this country.. People complain about the cost of the car yet everyone is demanding higher wages.

Holden has got to compete against Hyundai and Kia were they pay there people 5 bucks and a bowl of rice, yet here they want 38 hr week and 40 k plus a year. Add it up

I bet if you had a build sheet and had glove box light $30 you probably wouldn’t click the option.

“It seems Holden are becoming real tight arses”

no the public are the tight arses… Holden are just doing what the public wants…

cheaper cars!

hahah dude im sure if they can spent 1 billion dollars on making a new model ve that could afford to put in a $1 light!

commodore2004

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz berlina
New2Holden said:
yep, just checked, got a glovebox light on my VZ Calais. I knew I must have paid $10,000 extra for something......no "door open" warning light though.

i think you also got a consul light in the calais?,ive got the berlina and only got the hole to put it in .

gargougaflex

My other car isnt hybrid
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SSV Redline Sportwagon + VZ Monaro CV8 M6
Originally Posted by twb1979
Series II VZ's also don't have the alloytec badges on the fenders on the exec's/acclaims/SV6's/Berlinas and Calais..

As far as i knew, the 190 badges were removed from "series 2" VZs because to meet new emission standards last yr Holden had to retune the engines, so they were not outputting 190kW exactly (i have a feeling it was a little less), so to save arguments (and prob lawsuits, remember the "you pay what we pay" campaign?) they removed them. But i agree, why did they remove the standard alloytec badges, why not put them on all V6 vehicles??

maybe it's so people could tell the difference between VZ and VZ "II"?