Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No Modal

GIBS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF
I have this kit fitted to my VF2 Redline. I have bimodal off in the my link, so the 2 button remote controls open/close, works great. When going for long drives, to like Mildura, I change the my link to on, so the remote controls auto/open as it helps to minimise droan when sitting on 115+ in auto mode for the kids in the back with their gadgets.
This is what I’m trying to achieve. Want it either open or close (no variation at all). I have the relay pulled (open status) currently but the start up in the early AM is what I want to limit and also be able to switch it easily).

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
This is what I’m trying to achieve. Want it either open or close (no variation at all). I have the relay pulled (open status) currently but the start up in the early AM is what I want to limit and also be able to switch it easily).

Automotive Lighting Customs do a similar plug n play product a bit cheaper.

ebay.com.au/itm/303465300638

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Automotive Lighting Customs do a similar plug n play product a bit cheaper.

ebay.com.au/itm/303465300638

I'm using this in my Magnum.

GIBS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF
On this subject still- after fitting the bi modal relay today. Found that regardless of bi modal setting - on start up valves are always open. Is this normal?

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
On this subject still- after fitting the bi modal relay today. Found that regardless of bi modal setting - on start up valves are always open. Is this normal?

The valves have springs in them which force them open when you turn the vehicle off.
The relay you are using might not be closing them quick enough on start up.

GIBS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF
The valves have springs in them which force them open when you turn the vehicle off.
The relay you are using might not be closing them quick enough on start up.
Thanks for the reply.
Yeah they don’t close at all unless I press the transmitter that switches the valves to close. Every start up is loud and continues to idle with valves open (unless the transmitter is pressed to off).

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
The valves will always open on start up whether the valves are set to off or open (they are programmed that way, for cat flare or something like that I recall). When in the off position, the valves will/should shut just after start up. I tried this morning. With the valves shut via the remote, the valves opened on startup but then shut within a split second. I did this twice and worked, then I switched them back to open.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Thanks for the reply.
Yeah they don’t close at all unless I press the transmitter that switches the valves to close. Every start up is loud and continues to idle with valves open (unless the transmitter is pressed to off).

Have you tried changing the setting in the mylink to the opposite of what it was when you tested?
They relay might be dodgy and you might need to exchange it.

My diy kit shuts them on startup so i am surprised that the premade ones dont close them on startup.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
Have you tried changing the setting in the mylink to the opposite of what it was when you tested?
They relay might be dodgy and you might need to exchange it.
My diy kit shuts them on startup so i am surprised that the premade ones dont close them on startup.

Interesting. I just went out and swapped back the OE bimodal relay. Started the car in closed position on the mylink and the valves opened for startup but then shut within a split second. So it seems like the premade kit I bought off LSextreme mimics the Mylink operation of the bimodal valves during startup even though switched to close via the remote.. No biggie for me as my exhaust isn't obnoxiously loud.