Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

no power to my fuel pump

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
pretty unrepairable item was it a real 044 or a plastic cogged copy

91luxy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6 commodore&vs v6 91 hilux 4x4
its not plastic alloy case and looks identical to a Bosch pump i have seen but no markings to tell me what it is
one of the guys at my local performance shop said it was a bosch44

91luxy

Reaction score
Members Ride
ok its T/F if any one knows what commodore pump can be used externally thats what im going to do
i will get them from the wreckers so if i stuff one it don't matter
from the threads here i think a series one vn has a two pump system the other question is can i use a in tank pump externally

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
VL commodore is probably the easiest external pump to get and flows plenty .intank pumps need to be in fuel for cooling so dont work outside the tank

91luxy

Reaction score
Members Ride
ok when i fit a surge tank as long as the return line is the same size as the feed line it will be fine hay and i will need to take into account that the engine return line will be going into the surge tank as well .
i have managed to fit the vs high pressure in tank pump into the Toyota tank so thats going to have to be my lift pump SO MY QUESTION IS do i need a pressure reg for the vs pump to operate properly as i read that it needs back pressure to work or will it be fine running by its self
as i could fit a pressure reg just in front of the surge tank or not ???????

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
just run the pump with no reg its fine mines just full bore filling my surge all day no worries they flow more with no pressure

91luxy

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks m8 its all coming together i have power through the ECU now i know how to do the fuel system theres not much left just the exhaust is it imperative the both sides are the same volume as im running a single cat and its not going to be easy to keep them the same length or i could run them up behind the cab and under the tray maybe then into the single cat and no muffler

91luxy

Reaction score
Members Ride
one other question is that i have read in another thread on here that the vs single relay will not hold up with two fuel pump's
in the fuel pump wiring loom i have made there is a fuse on the positive feed so if i use the same amp fuse(or just under) as the relay it will blow if it go's over the relays limit and then i can put a higher amp relay in its place .

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
exhaust length is not to big of a concern whatever works to get it into one pipe and then into a cat but the cat cant be miles away from the front or it wont heat up and work.as for the relay i ran a new powerfeed to the rear direct from the battery and used the old feed wire to trigger 2 relays one for each pump each has its own fuse as well