Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No Remote Detected

VF Redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
So I walk out to my car this arvo after work and the remote won't open the boot to put my bag in. So I just opened the door as usual (passive entry) and drive home. When I go to get out of the car the headlights stay on and the "dic" says "No Remote Detected", with that I had to press the unlock button on the door to get out.
I thought it would be a almost flat battery in the remote , no problem the spare key the wife has just got a new battery this week, so I'll use that. Err no still says No Remote Detected and the car won't lock.
Anyone had this?
BTW the car battery is over 4 years old, it still starts the car no problem at all, could it be that or something else?

VF Redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Just an update, after an hour of searching for the other battery I bought for the remotes, I've tried it now and it's back to normal.
Except why didn't the other remote solve the issue?
Car battery is reading 14.3-4 volts during idle. 4 1/2 years old.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Just an update, after an hour of searching for the other battery I bought for the remotes, I've tried it now and it's back to normal.
Except why didn't the other remote solve the issue?
Car battery is reading 14.3-4 volts during idle. 4 1/2 years old.
I had exactly the same situation when my car was 3 1/2 years old. Had to walk home. Took battery out of remote, replaced it into the remote and no problem in the year since. Synchronisation of code maybe?.

Z31na

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF Commodore Evoke
Not a helpful reply but yesterday my reverse camera wouldn't turn off no matter what gear I was in. Its so stressful when something electronic goes wrong in these cars because other than disconnecting the battery you can only take it to a Holden dealer to get something fixed, and - much like many others - the dealer in my town doesn't have the brightest bulbs.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
I had the same problem , so I replaced the battery and the problem persisted and used my spare ,. When I went for my next service I brought the issue up , my warranty was running out so I didn't want it to become an issue later , I told them that I'd replaced the battery so there must be another issue . There remedy was to replace the battery with one that still had charge , turns out the cheap ass pack of battery's I had were all flat .Needless to say I was a little embarrassed .

VF Redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
A cheap multimeter is a good investment to verify that new batteries are their rated condition before you insert them in appliances (such as remotes).

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
I had similar issue with reverse and bluetooth calling. Everytime I put it in neutral reverse camera would come up everytime in reverse the normal screen would come up and I could call. Had to sit in reverse on the side of the road to make a call.

BLOWN-WH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Statesman-Caprice collection
So I walk out to my car this arvo after work and the remote won't open the boot to put my bag in. So I just opened the door as usual (passive entry) and drive home. When I go to get out of the car the headlights stay on and the "dic" says "No Remote Detected", with that I had to press the unlock button on the door to get out.
I thought it would be a almost flat battery in the remote , no problem the spare key the wife has just got a new battery this week, so I'll use that. Err no still says No Remote Detected and the car won't lock.
Anyone had this?
BTW the car battery is over 4 years old, it still starts the car no problem at all, could it be that or something else?

WOW that's freaky... mine did the same thing on Saturday and ive never encountered this issue before.

I do recall about 6 months after i purchased the vehicle i got the 'low battery remote' message in the dash cluster but i never experienced the 'no remote detected' one until yesterday.

Did the remote start as i normally do always and after 5 mins or so, unlocked it jumped in and hit the start/stop button. Everyone was ok until i put it in reverse gear and all of a sudden it chirped the horn 3 times and displayed the no remote detected message.

Ive changed the battery in my remote and hope thats solved the issue as well....just wondering why the low battery message wasn't displayed instead??