Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No Remote Detected

VF Redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
In hindsight the most concerning thing for me was after I turned it off, it said in the "dic" press clutch to restart.
So if some unscrupulous person jumped into your car while it was running they could just drive off with it and later restart it when they wanted to.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Not a helpful reply but yesterday my reverse camera wouldn't turn off no matter what gear I was in. Its so stressful when something electronic goes wrong in these cars because other than disconnecting the battery you can only take it to a Holden dealer to get something fixed, and - much like many others - the dealer in my town doesn't have the brightest bulbs.

I had the same thing happen in my VE, I told the Dealer when I had It serviced one time,
they said if it happens again, bring straight to us and we will have a look at it, so they can see the fault and check it for codes,
Well it did happen again, and drove it straight there and left it running so they could see the fault, and check it for codes.
In the end, they there is nothing wrong with it,:eek:
But I said, you seen what it did, and they still said there is nothing wrong with it, :confused:
I said there has to be something wrong, when you can 80 km/h forward [to get the dealer] and the reverse camera is still on.
there answer was "Turn the car off and turn it back on". :rolleyes:

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Not a helpful reply but yesterday my reverse camera wouldn't turn off no matter what gear I was in. Its so stressful when something electronic goes wrong in these cars because other than disconnecting the battery you can only take it to a Holden dealer to get something fixed, and - much like many others - the dealer in my town doesn't have the brightest bulbs.

Sometimes my front sensor don't turn off. After locking the car they are still beeping. It has happened on 4 occasions so far.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
How fortuitous to land on this thread after a curious search!

Upon parking the car after a day's travel from Singleton to Cowra yesterday (c. 400km), I was confronted with this message on the DIC:

No remote key detected.
Press brake to restart.

Just before this message came up I noticed with incredulity, the car would not turn off, (parked, press STOP/START button to shut down), instead displaying the "helpful" message asking for a restart (brake + start button)! :oops:

So...taking the cue from responses in this thread, I changed the CR2032 battery in the remote, started and stopped several times and no further fuss has been seen. Drrrrft. :mad:

It is more than a year since the battery was changed in the remote, so that is what I am putting this quirk down to: a flat battery that does not 'handshake' with the car either/both before starting or when shutting down.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
if your battery is flat in the remote you can insert it into the little holder thingy in the centre console too. buggered if i know how you unlock the car though, lol.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
if your battery is flat in the remote you can insert it into the little holder thingy in the centre console too. buggered if i know how you unlock the car though, lol.

Unlock it with the key (?)
Well, I have never tried it. I will RTFM... I kind of sat there dumbfounded by the whole thing. It raises questions about security though.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
Unlock it with the key (?)
Well, I have never tried it. I will RTFM... I kind of sat there dumbfounded by the whole thing. It raises questions about security though.

never tried to use the key myself, i always use keyless. but know that the little holder is somewhere you can put a flat key so i guess that makes sense!?

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
never tried to use the key myself, i always use keyless. but know that the little holder is somewhere you can put a flat key so i guess that makes sense!?

The socket, in the console box below the USB port, takes the entire remote — no (steel) key per se required to be inserted, just the remote in toto. I recall something, reading something about the need for caution when opening the car with the key via the key-lock on the outside; something about it being linked to security and if it is "fiddled" with, even by accident and repeatedly turned anti-clockwise, the mechanism will free-spin (a theft deterrent) and the alarm will sound. The remotes should display a low battery message on the DIC like it did last year (April I think). This occasion though was an altogether out there and concerning experience, but all's well and ends well. I hope.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
The socket, in the console box below the USB port, takes the entire remote — no (steel) key per se required to be inserted, just the remote in toto. I recall something, reading something about the need for caution when opening the car with the key via the key-lock on the outside; something about it being linked to security and if it is "fiddled" with, even by accident and repeatedly turned anti-clockwise, the mechanism will free-spin (a theft deterrent) and the alarm will sound. The remotes should display a low battery message on the DIC like it did last year (April I think). This occasion though was an altogether out there and concerning experience, but all's well and ends well. I hope.

yeah my key is a flip so i can put it in the socket thingy.

Z31na

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF Commodore Evoke
I recall something, reading something about the need for caution when opening the car with the key via the key-lock on the outside; something about it being linked to security and if it is "fiddled" with, even by accident and repeatedly turned anti-clockwise, the mechanism will free-spin (a theft deterrent) and the alarm will sound.
As long as you use the key blade for your car your fine. It’ll free turn if anything else is put in there. And yes alarm will go off because the barrel and alarm aren’t linked. For my one with a standard barrel ignition all I have to do is put the key in and the alarm turns off. May be the same for putting the key in the console pocket?