Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No surprise

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
LOL....they are on drugs labeled “propaganda”.....
The drugs are called "Reality Bites".
Stock what people don't want (for a number of reasons), sell nothing, close the doors.

Suami

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
The drugs are called "Reality Bites".
Stock what people don't want (for a number of reasons), sell nothing, close the doors.
Very true how did I miss that....lol

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Quote: "A high-ranking company insider claimed the "agonising decision" had only been made in Detroit in the past 48 hours and that General Motors had every intention of reviving the brand following the end of local manufacturing,..."

BS, that 'money talks' decision was made more than 10 years ago.
I don't actually think they'd have been intending to abandon RHD when they put in the money to engineer the Corvette. I know it's not a lot of money in the overall scheme of things, but it wouldn't have had any money spent on it after that decision was made.

Suami

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I don't actually think they'd have been intending to abandon RHD when they put in the money to engineer the Corvette. I know it's not a lot of money in the overall scheme of things, but it wouldn't have had any money spent on it after that decision was made.
They were; us; Japan; Thailand and Sth Africa I think are GMs only RHD market....with sales moving to SUVs and Holden getting there bum whacked in every category it’s just business. Stop making RHD cars for such a small market. You see a lot of good product in a lot on varying industries not make it to our shores; because the cost of bringing it to our market outstrips the potential for sales as our population is low in comparison to other world markets.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars

Plenty of manufacturers spend money on R&D for projects they never really intend to use - just in case.

The bigger the company and the bigger the competition the more likely they'll take that approach and write it down.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
was just listening to the radio and they said gm announced that holden was closing in a move that was "unexpected" and i am left thinking what drugs are these carnts on because this has been "expected" for a while now :confused:

Ignorance pills.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Motorsport Edition
“Agonising decision” my arse. The executives can hide behind a corporate veil of bullshit and get away with taking away one of our national symbols.

Now if we were in a country like Colombia where its football players get assassinated for their actions....now that’s an “agonising decision”

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
What happened to SAAB prices and vehicles in Sweden ? Are they classic collectibles ?

All just switched to Volvo probably, apart from the Saab fanatics.

Top gear did a great Saab retrospective, highlighting their great cars and how much they re-engineered the Opel/Vauxhall bases to their own ideologies. The drop test result is striking