Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NOT.BT1's VH project

NOT.BT1

Bogan pride
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VN exec project vh in the shed
im hoping the paint will be getting done in a few weeks to a month cant wait to see it painted again then get my new exhaust and fit my extractors roadworthy then lower it i get my P's in about 6 weeks i think so my car wont be ready before then but owe well gives me more initiative to get it done but im not going to rush thats when things go wrong

NOT.BT1

Bogan pride
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
goon thanx for reminding me about greasing the joints i also want to get new brake pads the engine only has 75000km's on it and the warrenty is valid til 100000km's so it should be fine

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Yeah, see what the roadworthy dude says anyway mate, he has the final say in the end. you may need to get less done for it to be RWC then u think..

Ive seen a car without a paint job, just grey primer nad sill get RWC, but i know for rego u need a colour, but tis still got the RWC.

ligths, tyers, bushes,front panels cant move, brakes seem to be a main thing. rust and leaks woud be something to look at before also.

NOT.BT1

Bogan pride
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
i will defenently be painting it before roadworthy and all lights work got all new bulbs and crap for free off a mate rust is all fixed and it will have no leaks i want it perfect before roadworthy so i can just get it regoed and drive and then just keep it maintained i got a mechanic mate that does roadworthys at his work i think i can con into going a quick check before i take it for roadworthy for a 6 pack of bourbon i want it done properly no ezy pass i want it completely roadworthy

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
i got mine done for 30 dollars and the 2nd visit 20.

How are your tyers? age counts these day :( i had 2 get 2 new rears, they had good tread but to old.. 2 new tyers for under 200 plus fitted :)

My rears are more chunky then my fronts, better turning!

NOT.BT1

Bogan pride
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
tyres are band new fronts 99% rears 90% there about 12 months old now i think

NOT.BT1

Bogan pride
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
my head unit just s##t it self so i need a new one now as well it just never ends i fix one thing then something else goes wrong owe well i guess thats the fun of playing with cars

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
Thing I learnt with my car is sound and other fancy crap like guages aren't really important. What is, is getting the beast to a satisfactory and roadworthy condition. :thumbsup: Worry about that crap later :)

NOT.BT1

Bogan pride
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
Yeah true but i cant live without my stereo so it will be getting replaced real soon few other things first but then defenetly a new H/U

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
The offer to help install those bushings still stands. Let me know mate when you get an enhancement kit like the Nolathane one and I will get some hand made tools from my cousin's I used to fit the bushes on my car and help ya out sometime. :)

Bit of an alternative to using a hydraulic press :D Although I must admit a press is easier :)