Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Not sure im putting this in the right place but ill have a go

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin VX II Berlinas - "Vanessa" and "Geraldine"
while any garage may not pick up on every worn component
If you want every possible "problem" detected, you wanna hit up Pedders for their $28 four million-point safety check. Took my car there once and after about 45 minutes the mechanic came and got me from the waiting area and took me over to where my car was still up on the hoist and proceeded to point to like 400 things under my car that apparently had issues. I then went out to the counter where they printed me a quote that was 4 pages long and informed me that the cost to fix everything was over $4000. Before I could stop myself, I made that sort of snort/throat sound you make when you hear something unexpectedly funny and then managed to compose myself before saying "I paid $800 for my car. Do you know how many $800 cars I could buy for four grand?" I then politely declined to book my car in, took my four page quote and departed in my vehicle that was apparently being held together with cable ties and hope. Still have the quote somewhere. So while their quote was outrageous, at least they were thorough.

Last edited:

Benny304355

Reaction score
Members Ride
svz wagon
Hi everyone thanks for your help with my car it is what we all were thinking radius rod bush's I had to wait until I had everything together and I forgot to tell ya's about it like I said that's the brain injury I for stuff all the time anyway thanks again.

Benny304355

Reaction score
Members Ride
svz wagon
Hey sorry to keep annoying everyone but I have got new front bush's but it's came already put together and the videos I have been looking at have said things about shims and stuff so I'm not sure whether I am meant to put it in with the old shims or just how it is can someone please help me out and let me know I'll post a picture of the new ones

Benny304355

Reaction score
Members Ride
svz wagon
Hey sorry to keep annoying everyone but I have got new front bush's but it's came already put together and the videos I have been looking at have said things about shims and stuff so I'm not sure whether I am meant to put it in with the old shims or just how it is can someone please help me out and let me know I'll post a picture of the new ones

Benny304355

Reaction score
Members Ride
svz wagon
Na I'm not sure how to upload a photo it's not working sorry

Benny304355

Reaction score
Members Ride
svz wagon
thanks everyone for the response and I will look at each one of them I've got a brain injury so I have to go slow and work through it but from what I've been able to read so far it's more likely to be the thing I have been thinking of the radius rod bush's and I will get my mrs to have a look tomorrow and I have the gear to replace it with so I'll do it if it is an post how it all go's thanks again

Na FML SORRY everyone I've just worked out that the ones I've got are pretty much the same as original ones and it's not a problem I'll be ok thanks and sorry for the posts all the time

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Just put the new bush straight in....The ones in the video have different thickness washers, which yours don't....So don't worry about that side of things

Benny304355

Reaction score
Members Ride
svz wagon
Just put the new bush straight in....The ones in the video have different thickness washers, which yours don't....So don't worry about that side of things
Yeah that's what I was thinking thanks mate