Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Not sure im putting this in the right place but ill have a go

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Best to take it in though and have it checked over by a garage. These things are too hard to diagnose at home or over the net. I've had good experiences with garages and poor experiences. My Car on the old ute gave me a long list of problems and all of them needed doing. Unfortunately one or two things I left too long and paid as a result by ending up on a flatbed twice, which could have been avoided. My Car was not the only place to not pick up on worn out struts, not just bushes. So while any garage may not pick up on every worn component at least for under $50 you have somewhere to start.

I still don't see you providing a suggestion. .

I tend to diagnose things myself. I do think paying for a cheap ‘safety check’, or whatever they want to call it, is hit and miss (as you have pointed out) and may just produce a huge list of stuff that doesn’t really need to be done (depending upon the workflow needed in the particular workshop). Or miss some issues that they should have been able to pick up.

I don’t need to provide an alternative suggestion. All I was doing was pointing out that you yourself have had mixed experiences (and not getting your issues ‘properly diagnosed’) with MyCar and yet you are recommending them - and didn’t point that out that mixed experience to the OP.

So, no I don’t know where the send the OP, but I wouldn’t suggest they go to a place that I had trouble with myself.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Well I doubt the OP will travel from NSW to have Launceston My Car to do a check on it, which I have had good and bad experiences. Or are you saying that because they missed something on my VE that every My Car is no good? However, My Car are not the only place who I have had bad experiences with and most of the time they did a good job. I still even go there for certain jobs. I have had not so good experiences with at least four other garages. Like I suggested this is just an option. No one is perfect and things might get missed and things might not too. All I'm saying is it's cheap starting point.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I tend to diagnose things myself. I do think paying for a cheap ‘safety check’, or whatever they want to call it, is hit and miss (as you have pointed out) and may just produce a huge list of stuff that doesn’t really need to be done (depending upon the workflow needed in the particular workshop). Or miss some issues that they should have been able to pick up.

I don’t need to provide an alternative suggestion. All I was doing was pointing out that you yourself have had mixed experiences (and not getting your issues ‘properly diagnosed’) with MyCar and yet you are recommending them - and didn’t point that out that mixed experience to the OP.

So, no I don’t know where the send the OP, but I wouldn’t suggest they go to a place that I had trouble with myself.

Sorry but having a person post on here requesting suggestions should be met with other suggestions to help diagnoise the issue...Be it good, bad or indifferent....

This response from you is a Gossie style post, which doesn't help anyone...Especially not the OP...

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Here's a youtube video of it and how to replace

After having to replace the radius rod bushes front & back, l agree with you.

With the cruching when turning, l thought strut top bearings & bushes.
But thats been sorted.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
After having to replace the radius rod bushes front & back, l agree with you.

With the cruching when turning, l thought strut top bearings & bushes.
But thats been sorted.

Replacing front and rear radius rod bushes is a great suggestion......Generally when one set go, the other isn't too far behind.....

So the OP should put that on the to do list to fix the problem

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
To check, if you have a 2nd pair of eyes, roll forward about 5K an hour and whilst the 2nd person is there, hit the brakes and see if the front wheel moves backwards....If it does, replace.....
I didn't get any noises, but at 113Km I was shown this on the CV8 and was shocked at how much movement there was.
Replaced with genuine Holden bushes, no more movement, but 17Km later ....... same same.
Hello Pedders and Nolathane everywhere. Didn't hurt the credit card as much as I had anticipated..

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
Same here, clunking noise under braking. I'm sure I could actually feel the steering wasn't as crisp and precise as it used to be.
Replaced the complete set of radius rod bushes with Super Pro. No more clunk and the steering felt like new again.
When my mate mentioned his VZ Calais was making the clunking noise I advised him to replace the radius rod bushes.
He took his VZ to his mechanic and he agreed with my diagnosis.

Benny304355

Reaction score
Members Ride
svz wagon
thanks everyone for the response and I will look at each one of them I've got a brain injury so I have to go slow and work through it but from what I've been able to read so far it's more likely to be the thing I have been thinking of the radius rod bush's and I will get my mrs to have a look tomorrow and I have the gear to replace it with so I'll do it if it is an post how it all go's thanks again