Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Jake Wilson

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sedan
I have a VF series 1 sedan (auto), and am now finally getting a chance to change some things I’ve been dreamin of being lazy to rework and tune it.

I know most go OTR , exhaust, cam and then it depends a bit.

I was considering if it’d be easier, just as safe, won’t damage my car or (to the l best of my knowledge) lead to safety issues any differently;
- high-quality visual display and audio
- off the shelf wheels but wrapped inMichelin PS4s all round
- MAF Harrop OTR CAI (still
Requires a tune)

AND NOW (in order):
- tune to new OTR
- change diff from stock to 3.75-3.9 LSD (Kaaz > Harrop TruTrac) - let me know about diff housing and if I’ll need a billit one or ex-HSV etc.
- Full engine back exhaust with ceramic coated headers/extractors, includinf
1 7/8” 4-into-1 pipes, hi flow cats with hot dog pipes and quad tips (I REALLY like the Di Filipino SS 3” Big Boy Exhauat but if there is anything that comes close to that quality that I can get the same power from im happy to save money.

- CAM (probably a fair change), needing a stall converter and shift-kit. Also probably upgrade the clutch here if necessary

eventually I’m going to want coilovers (but when is best). 19” rims (probably not till the CAM, as I won’t need a brake kit loop HSV GTS seats, more audio and visual, and most importantly probably a supercharger

I’d much appreciate suggestions of what to get and where, or if I need to change the choice I’ve made. So far I inky really know of Morpowa, Paul Pavlou and Custom LS.

this is definitely my daily driver but if I get to theend of a cam and consider going further it’ll become track only

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
Man what a list first thing to do is think about what you want the car to be. Then have a look at your bank balance to what you can afford. Best bang for buck is tune, OTR, cats with cat back and diff gears in the standard housing. Not sure of tuners in SA. hope this helps.

Jake Wilson

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sedan
Man what a list first thing to do is think about what you want the car to be. Then have a look at your bank balance to what you can afford. Best bang for buck is tune, OTR, cats with cat back and diff gears in the standard housing. Not sure of tuners in SA. hope this helps.

That’s of help man, definitely. I’ve already gone to a Harrop OTR, so it sounds like my original progression idea was fairly solid for they money I’ve got and where I want to head with it all.
I know of some well respected tuners in SA, but you have to walk in the doors knowing what you’re asking for or they see you as too much work for too little reward or take you to the cleaners.

I’ve picked up a general idea of what I want to achieve so I think I just have to pace it out a bit more.

With the OTR and (hopefully soon enough) an exhaust I’ll be satisfied for a while until I know exactly what I want to do, plus I don’t have to do the DOD/AFM delete straight up.

Unless there’s anything special to be wary ofinitially with the first series VF sounds like I should be happy

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Sounds like disorganised list of whatever came to your mind.
Work out your goal, budget and timeframe AND do a search on the forum as you basically have 10 different topics in one thread...

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
in the other thread you said you have financial issues?

.. i dont even

sort your **** out before dumping money into something you will never get it back from
Yea my thoughts exactly lol having financial issues so spends money on car mods..... Priorities

Hq King

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2 Magnum
For every $1k spent on modifying your car you probably devalue your car $1k so $2k cost . Don't shot the messenger lol