Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NT speed limit web site

J_D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 and VS V8 Statesman
You can tell people drive blindly to the speed limit when you read some of the comments on that site about tourists going nuts and doing insane speeds and killing themselves. The problem isnt the lack of a speed limit, its the fact that people cant use their own judgement. The people of NT dont drive like maniacs because they live with unrestricted roads all the time and are trusted to make their own decision, instead of being treated like 10 year olds.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
nope, link stays removed.

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
also just remembered, you can actually get a speeding fine if your doing silly speeds, ie if someone is doing 180km/h in an excel there gonna get booked:thumbsup: but if you doing 180km/h in say a HSV GTS or FPV F6 you'll be fine, but it's really up to the cop on the day.

Doubleshadow

Too much is not enuff!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
Energy economy

i wonder what the fuel economy of cars are like at 200kmh vs 100kmh

To add what Dr Bob said, to create energy you have to put in energy. For instance when you rub your hands together you excite the molecules and create energy. However, if you keep speeding up the rubbing of your hands, there comes a crucial point where the energy that you put into rubbing your hands, become less than the energy you get out of the rubbing motion. That is the same with cars. The optimum speed is when the fuel energy you are using to push your car balances with the actual energy used to create that energy in the first place. If your speed gets too great, you actually start to lose energy when it is created. I am guessing that is some sort of fusion.

danielsan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SS 5.7/A4
Imposing a speed limit is NOT the answer, you'll only parrot train people to drive at the numerical speed limit, in your case one that is 'high'.

The speed derestriction, is the safest form of speed managment applicable to a length of road basis, since it puts the onus for safe-speed directly onto the driver. A speed limit, even a high one only results in the bunching-up effect, where trains of vehicles tailgate each other. This is 'marriage' and marriage is deadly. "Safe speed" by nature VARIES,it is NOT a constant, despite what The Peoples Republic of Victoria tells you:)

IT is better to DIVORCE traffic, keep it seperated, and here, ONLY speed derestriction can do this.

NT could adopt a rural default, but MUST NOT apply that default on roads where the (//) is used.

i agree 100% with you dude. if only you could drum that into our politians heads...

chappy

VY2 R8 Clubsport
Reaction score
Website
www.hsv-holden.com.au
Members Ride
VY2 R8 Clubsport
I can only get 400ks at 180 in my VY . Thats with a 55litre tank on my own with nothing in the back but fishing gear.

You sure that you have a 55 litre tank in your VY ???

I though they were bigger, mine is I have put over 55 litres in it from time to time.

Cheers

Keepleft

Mot Adv-NSW
Reaction score
NT's new RURAL DEFAULT SPEED LIMIT IS 110KM/H.

Key highways such as the Stuart will have signposted 130km/h speed limits. This allowance mirrors recent Texas US - 80mph speed limits imposed on its rural ntwork highways.

The speed derestriction signs MUST now be completely removed, they are international road traffic signs that mean "END OF ALL LOCAL PROHIBITIONS IMPOSED ON MOVING VEHICLES", hardly default 110km/h.

You will see, once the regulations are in force, much greater police enforcement on the highways. Tow the line or be prepared to face fines. Become involved in a chase, and you face much more serious police actions.

Don't do it people.

The CLP has stated, it WILL re-introduce (//) on your key highways. You might have to get use to a general 80-110km/h default though, increased fines and so on, but if you INSIST the CLP stick to their word, you can have (//) on your key highways again.

Keep resisting people, but do drive responsibily, and remember election time, make the effort to win back that you have lost.

Ministers' Official Website:
http://www.saferoaduse.nt.gov.au/changesataglance.html