Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NT speed limit web site

chappy

VY2 R8 Clubsport
Reaction score
Website
www.hsv-holden.com.au
Members Ride
VY2 R8 Clubsport
NT's new RURAL DEFAULT SPEED LIMIT IS 110KM/H.

Key highways such as the Stuart will have signposted 130km/h speed limits. This allowance mirrors recent Texas US - 80mph speed limits imposed on its rural ntwork highways.

The speed derestriction signs MUST now be completely removed, they are international road traffic signs that mean "END OF ALL LOCAL PROHIBITIONS IMPOSED ON MOVING VEHICLES", hardly default 110km/h.

You will see, once the regulations are in force, much greater police enforcement on the highways. Tow the line or be prepared to face fines. Become involved in a chase, and you face much more serious police actions.

Don't do it people.

The CLP has stated, it WILL re-introduce (//) on your key highways. You might have to get use to a general 80-110km/h default though, increased fines and so on, but if you INSIST the CLP stick to their word, you can have (//) on your key highways again.

Keep resisting people, but do drive responsibily, and remember election time, make the effort to win back that you have lost.

Ministers' Official Website:
http://www.saferoaduse.nt.gov.au/changesataglance.html

OK thats all good but I don't know why you were refering that post to me I was talkingg about fuel tak sized that the other guy posted he said he as a 55ltr tank I was pointing out that my tank hold more that 55ltrs.

I am confused at why you address that to me

anyway cheers

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
where does it say he addressed to you. Also, please change your signature.

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
You sure that you have a 55 litre tank in your VY ???

I though they were bigger, mine is I have put over 55 litres in it from time to time.

Cheers

Mine only takes 55 litres mate.
To keep left. I dont think that she will be in power for another term mate. There has been more than this issue where she has had no respect for the voters wishes. She says she had to make the hard choice. Just leaves us voters with the easy one.

Marco-EFIVL

Now driving R34 GT-T taxi
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nissan Skyline, R34 GT-T (RB25DET NEO) sedan
If speed kills, why don't Germany and Italy have higher rates of road death per capita than Australia:

Three reasons in my book:
1: If people want to get from A to B quickly, safely and within legal constrants, in those countries, they can, in Australia, we cannot.
2: In Germany and Italy, they UNDERSTAND traffic flow, if you don't want to go quick or don't feel comfortable doing so, then stick left, if your gonna wind up, stick right. Too damn easy.
3: Infrastructure, Germany had better roads with the 'Reichsautobahnen' in the 1930's under a 'totalitarian' government that what Australia does in 2006 with a free market economy and a democratic government. Shocking and embarassing to say the least.

If I could add one last thing, this 120 hrs on the L-Plate log book and other such measures they want to introduce is bullcrap, what would help alot is compulsory driver/defensive driving lessions before going for one's P plates. Getting a physical understanding or 'feel' for a motorcar, and learning how to respond accordingly whilst also learning the theory behind these measures and effects will do far more to save lives than some stupid computer generated 'Hazard Perception Test'.

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
ive heard the wildlife (and aparently locals lying on the road) are the speedy drivers biggest enemy.

Thats a fair call. Im working on a refinery in Nhulunbuy East Arhnem Land and no joke the 'locals' will sleep anywhere, with appendages handing over onto the road. Like a cat on a car bonnet in the winter, the ground is warm and is pleasant to sleep on. Where I am is alot different to say Darwin, I am so remote everything for the twon is barged over from Darwin which takes three days or flown in. There is only one road out of town and it is a 4wd track to Katherine then onto Darwin. If you were to drive it (only 4wds) it would take 16 hours.

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
Thats a fair call. Im working on a refinery in Nhulunbuy East Arhnem Land and no joke the 'locals' will sleep anywhere, with appendages handing over onto the road. Like a cat on a car bonnet in the winter, the ground is warm and is pleasant to sleep on. Where I am is alot different to say Darwin, I am so remote everything for the twon is barged over from Darwin which takes three days or flown in. There is only one road out of town and it is a 4wd track to Katherine then onto Darwin. If you were to drive it (only 4wds) it would take 16 hours.

Good fishing up there though mate. Makes the isolation worthwile.
Just so people realize how prolific this lying on the road or walking into the path of traffic is here in Alice.There has been 27 instances of hospitalization so far this year with 2 fatalities. A major portion of these due to intoxication.

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
Fishing is out of this world mate.

J_D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 and VS V8 Statesman
Ive heard the aboriginals sleep on the road or lie on the road to get people to stop and then rob them or steal their car.

When I send stuff to Nhulunbuy from Brisbane it takes two weeks to get there. :eek: