Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NVH on Tuff Mounts?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Yup, When stationary or cruising along where the engine isn't producing a lot of torque the engine will sit down on both mounts but give it the jandle and the engine will lift up off one engine mount and push down on the other as the engine is trying to rotate itself in the engine bay against the driveline.
Sorry? The what? Give it the what?

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Sorry? The what? Give it the what?
Yup, When stationary or cruising along where the engine isn't producing a lot of torque the engine will sit down on both mounts but give it the jandle Mexican safety boot and the engine will lift up off one engine mount and push down on the other as the engine is trying to rotate itself in the engine bay against the driveline.
Fixed it for you!

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore

VF Sleeper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais
No muff too tuff.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Ended up buying the Technico engine mounts and Tuff Mount gearbox mount. Will report back on NVH once I get them fitted.
Should be okay but I'd check with Tuff Mounts that's an okay combo. The Technico have a bit of flex where the Tuff Mounts don't and Tuff advise against mixing mounts (OEM specifically) as they can come to a bad end if the engine can twist more than the trans

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Should be okay but I'd check with Tuff Mounts that's an okay combo. The Technico have a bit of flex where the Tuff Mounts don't and Tuff advise against mixing mounts (OEM specifically) as they can come to a bad end if the engine can twist more than the trans
Too late, I’m already committed now. From what I have read the main issue is that the weakest mount/s will flog out first.

Seeing as the Technico mounts are good for 2000 horsepower it should be an interesting arm wrestle between the engine and gearbox mounts!

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Craig's advised me "not" to use the tuff mount trans mount

Something about destroying the transmission core