Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

o2 gauge install help

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
to get the gauge in and working, then next pay upgrade the sender to a wide band one

the only thing i can see as a problem with this is the ECU not liking what the wide band sensor is feeding it. they have been setup with a narrow band sensor for a reason. Guessing you will need a tune to suit a wide band after you install them. dont know for certain, but seams logical.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
95% certain that the standard tune won't accept the input from a wideband O2 sensor without modication.

PSYKO PHOENIX

AHHHH brain fart
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Commodore v6 ecotec
what about just adding another one??

eg buy a wide band sender, drill a hole in the esaust and stick it in, would that work?

run it as a stand alone sender/unit?

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
But to sum it up, yes you can fit that gauge to your factory O2 sensor. It will work but won't be much use, but will look cool.

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
what about just adding another one??

eg buy a wide band sender, drill a hole in the esaust and stick it in, would that work?

run it as a stand alone sender/unit?

I wouldn't bother doing that as by the time you spend all that money on getting it working what are you trying to accomplish? Live tuning your car?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
fitting a seperate sensor for the Wideband is the only option really but a waste of time unless you plan to do your own tuning

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
just go fit it to the factory O2 sensor it'll give you the lights going round and stuff, You'd have it done in 30 mins to see new flashy gauge.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
i would take the gauge back, and say its not suitable for my car, and get them to replace it with one that is suited to the Narrow band sensors.. you may just have to pay the difference. at least then you'll see what the ecu is seeing and u'll know if the o2 sensors are working or not.

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
I don't think they make them like that, If you really want to check your air/fuel ratio then a pillar gauge is not the thing to use. You need a stand alone unit that uses its own oxygen sensor.