Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

OBD Readers

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
I think you only need the subscription for reprogramming modules, all the servicing functions should work.
I bought a 'stand alone' unit, a Vident iLink 400au, that does all the servicing functions, but wont reprogram modules.

From AZ scanners? They advised me that it can't do the service functions like EPB reset, ABS bleed and steering angle reset for the VF. Can u confirm yours does and where did you buy it from ?

I'm looking for something to do those service functions but the companies I have reached out too, are saying theirs can't :rolleyes:

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
From AZ scanners? They advised me that it can't do the service functions like EPB reset, ABS bleed and steering angle reset for the VF. Can u confirm yours does and where did you buy it from ?

I'm looking for something to do those service functions but the companies I have reached out too, are saying theirs can't :rolleyes:

I did buy it direct from them. I cant confirm it actually does those functions, but they are listed in the functions when it's hooked up to the vehicle.
Boris from AZscanners sent an email stating it cant reprogram keys or modules.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
I did buy it direct from them. I cant confirm it actually does those functions, but they are listed in the functions when it's hooked up to the vehicle.
Boris from AZscanners sent an email stating it cant reprogram keys or modules.

Bugger, Boris emailed me advising it can't do those service functions I listed for the VF and couldn't give me a time frame on when/if they will update the unit to do so.

Last edited:

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Bugger, Boris emailed me advising it can't do those functions for the VF and couldn't give me a time frame on when/if they will update the unit to do so.

Have a look at the ‘gm’ software set. IIRC, the ‘’SS’’ has those service functions listed.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
Have a look at the ‘gm’ software set. IIRC, the ‘’SS’’ has those service functions listed.

Thanks, Borris has confirmed they don't work on the vivident scanner and he works for AZSCANNERS. Hopefully one of the members who has vxdiag can confirm those service functions work on the VF.

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
Yes all those functions work. Can confirm, using GDS2. Personally I've done EPB calibration, release etc, I've done steering angle reset and can control everything the BCM does too e.g. unlatch boot, lock/unlock, etc. etc.
I have seen the ability to do the brake bleed but I haven't actually done it myself.

Reprogramming requires TDS subscription.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok thanks. Just bought a vxdiag nano from local source.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon