Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Occasional engine light

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Always found that weird as stock tank supposedly 63ltr like small sedan tank.

Usual for me is 450km per tank fuel gauge close to empty fill er' 50 or so litres 98 rinse/repeat although it sometime did less depending on peak hour traffic.

Memcal is copy of a car tuned for 98 fuel,pacies & mace airbox except mine has povo genies & v6 supercharged airbox...never even got near those figures untill new memcal & coils were fitted

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
No way i can get 63L in my tank. 53 would absolutely chocka with it spewing out the neck.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Maybe someone has poured a bucket of sand down the filler neck? Did you buy it off a brickie...

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Maybe someone has poured a bucket of sand down the filler neck? Did you buy it off a brickie...
Nope i pulled the tank out to replace the pump.

yeah seen that on Redbook. But a few weeks ago i ran out of fuel. RACT put in 10 litres i drove 20km then could only get 45L in the tank. My tank is about half the width of the ute. I have a massive space enough that when i screwed down my ute box with 50mm screws i missed the tank by 200mm. I may have a non stock tank. The tank doesn't even fill the space front to back. The brackets are non stock because they wouldn't reach to the edge otherwise.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Na won't be sourcing a bigger tank. I carry fuel in the ute box. Too much mucking around to replace it.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
TBH im not overly worried about the small tank just means more fuel stops. What gets to me is when 10 or more people keep telling me i have a 63L tank that for some unknown reason i can only get 50L of fuel in from basically dead empty. And that i should be getting 450km per tank when i only get 300. I filled it the other day drove 200km and i used 26L of fuel, before it was click, click , clicking until i gave up. I couldn't work it out myself when I bought the ute. I even posted a thread asking why the pump would click off at 40L. I thought it was the filler neck. Until i realsed that even with a jerry can filling it to overflow it only takes about 53L if that. Someone said my guage should get me 35-40km once it hit empty but I proved that wrong the other week when I ran out of fuel and had travelled about 20km, when it started just over empty.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Does your tank look different to a standard tank? Hasn't been squashed or dented has it?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
No idea Greenacc if it is different. But it is tiny i was surprised how small it was when i pulled it out.