Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Odd starting fault

hughes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega V 2006
Okay - went to my car on Saturday morning, it was dead flat, i.e. doors wouldn't unlock with remote, battery measured about 5V. The car had been driven on Thursday about 30k trip no issues. Well I figured it must just be a faulty battery since the car is at that age so i went to the neighbours tried to jump start it. No dice, the engine turned over sounded like it was running low rev for about 2 seconds then stopped. Waited a couple of minutes retried - in all tried about 6 times all same result. Thought stuff it might as well change the battery since its old and that may solve problem. Went and got a new battery (pre charged) and fitted it. Same issue. Engine sounded like it was running for about 2 seconds and then turning off. I only tried probably 3 times with the new battery since I was thinking it must be an alternator or starter motor issue. Tried again early Monday morning same thing so ended up getting the thing towed to the garage, guy there said he'd just put it on a charger/jumper and it had started straight away but said sounded like it was flooded running badly, he'd put a few litres of fuel in it gave it a good run and it came right. The car was fairly full since I'd done probably 150km since last fill (keep records since its a work car and the gauge was indicating that). He couldn't find anything wrong with it. Has anyone heard of anything like this? Could the flat battery have caused something stupid with the fuel system causing the engine to flood? I'm thinking if I'd tried it a few more times on Monday morning I could have saved myself $220 and a nice deep 2" scratch on my door that the garage said was caused by the tow truck and the tow truck says was caused by the garage...:hit: ...i won't be going back to bulleen ultratune again...