Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Oil changes on cars in storage or driven rarely

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Reactions: Lex

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
I think it was "Corse" rather than "Coarse", it used to tweak my sense of incorrectitude that someone had let it get as far as label printing without running a spell-checker over the proposed brand name. :)
Yes, I think it might have been "Corse". It was a black container with a chequered flag. BP had a few racing oils and fuels in stock at many servos back in the day.

If I'm correct BP Coarse+ To many years I say thats correct BP Coarse Plus was the street performance multigrade a 25w50.
Corse Plus was the multigrade and I think Corse 50 was an SAE 50 monograde. It was one of the first mineral base oils that didn't turn to jelly in the sump when rich methanol mixtures contaminated the oil. It didn't smell as good as the castor-based oils used previously with methanol like Castrol R40 and Shell Super M responsible for the "speedway smell".

Redline457

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF1 6.6 Litre Stroker SSVR A6
Yes, I think it might have been "Corse". It was a black container with a chequered flag. BP had a few racing oils and fuels in stock at many servos back in the day.

Corse Plus was the multigrade and I think Corse 50 was an SAE 50 monograde. It was one of the first mineral base oils that didn't turn to jelly in the sump when rich methanol mixtures contaminated the oil. It didn't smell as good as the castor-based oils used previously with methanol like Castrol R40 and Shell Super M responsible for the "speedway smell".
Yes it was Corse + i ran it my 350 SB in the ski boat , i reckon it was a real good oil

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Yes it was Corse + i ran it my 350 SB in the ski boat , i reckon it was a real good oil
Yes it was good but you have to let the car to Warm up. One (old days) day my friend with a HQ 308 Manual Shagging Wagon reved his car cold with BP Corse + and he lost oil pressure. I was with him, Told him to shut the Engine off, Look under the Bonnet, all ok, Then Restarted it and had No Oil pressure, He said maybe the standard GTS Dash (was a Option) was no good , I said Hummmmmmm, Started the car and the tappets getting nosier, Hummm, NO Dont Drive it home, Get it towed.
The car was delivered to my house, my Father and Mother complained to many cars in our Drive Way . Next Day I got suspicious and took took the oil pump off (4 bolts) and "A" Shaft followed me. Yes snapped the oil pump drive from the camshaft. Took the Timing cover off, Found the other half off it, Knocked the pin out, pulled the Gear and broken shaft out them I went to Boyded Holden at Bankstown to order a new one as we did not have a phone.
Fitted the new shaft on, lock tite'd the pin in, fitted the pump and gasket and put the timing cover back on and the car was 100% ok after this.

I say using Corse + and he reved the Engine cold had a reason why that shaft probably broke or is was defected shaft to start with.
I never snapped one on the green rocket.