Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Oil changes on cars in storage or driven rarely

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
I change my oil in the HQ 308 GTS Monaro once a year and it does not leave the garage. The WN Caprice V with the L77 in it it does a average in the 4 years I had it it does around 25k yes around 16 miles a year and change the oil once a year like the Monaro. All other cars the VE and the VR I change the oil once a years and the both of then does around 2000k a year. Yeah you can see I dont like driving anymore and or to busy doing my project at home or watching TVs Galore on whats is happening around the World. I would like to have 2 X VFSV6FORME, not enough time in one day for me. The Monro and the Caprice get extra treatment with care care products

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
around 16 miles a year and change the oil once a year
It would be interesting for us all and for yourself if you analyse your oil after changing it considering it’s been used for a total of 16 miles a year :oops: though I suspect you’ve started the engine maybe every month for a warm up which is probably more punishing than driver miles;)

Doing such would give us and you really good empirical info on whether the oil actually needs to be changed or it’s completely unnecessary :cool:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
The neighbour at the back of us used to start his Harley once every few weeks, normally early in the morning on days I had just completed a night shift and was trying to sleep. He'd idle it for a few minutes and shut it down, worst thing ever to do to a engine.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
It would be interesting for us all and for yourself if you analyse your oil after changing it considering it’s been used for a total of 16 miles a year :oops: though I suspect you’ve started the engine maybe every month for a warm up which is probably more punishing than driver miles;)

Doing such would give us and you really good empirical info on whether the oil actually needs to be changed or it’s completely unnecessary :cool:
Your totally 100% Correct but when it come to the Monaro I use Magatech 10/40 (forget the spelling)and I start the Car Monthly run it at max temperature then turn the car off after i give load to the clutch otherwise the car will run on. idels at 1050 RPM The WN Caprice I use Penrite 5W-30 Enviro Fully Synthetic. I start the car twice or the worst once a month and use the AIR CON leave the car running for 10 to 15 minutes then turn it off.
Actually I have a FULL Penrite 5W-30 Enviro Fully Synthetic in 10 ltr and I have a stcky on it saying only used for 20K Only.
ALL Oil look 100% like the News oils, clear as new smel anf feal the same using two fingers but I would like to have a Chemist to do test on it if they are not biased to the oil companies.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Your totally 100% Correct but when it come to the Monaro I use Magatech 10/40 (forget the spelling)and I start the Car Monthly run it at max temperature then turn the car off after i give load to the clutch otherwise the car will run on. idels at 1050 RPM The WN Caprice I use Penrite 5W-30 Enviro Fully Synthetic. I start the car twice or the worst once a month and use the AIR CON leave the car running for 10 to 15 minutes then turn it off.
Actually I have a FULL Penrite 5W-30 Enviro Fully Synthetic in 10 ltr and I have a stcky on it saying only used for 20K Only.
ALL Oil look 100% like the News oils, clear as new smel anf feal the same using two fingers but I would like to have a Chemist to do test on it if they are not biased to the oil companies.

Oil tests are anonymous, even if an oil company conducts the test, the sample may not be knowen anyway.
So there can't be any bias.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Both the Monro and the Caprice have there way to keep the Battery charged. The Caprice with this photo has not been detailed under the car, Done this after I put a Maloo Mid pipe on it with bi modals

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Oil tests are anonymous, even if an oil company conducts the test, the sample may not be knowen anyway.
So there can't be any bias.
Yes if you dont get a answer. I have given the oil away to others that cany afford good oil and all cars are still running, done this for years I WARN them but the time finished talking they got the oil out of my hands. The lot of them know the way I am Fussy , Paranoid, and the lot them know I have OCD YEAh OCD love it and after fitting the Charger Battery point I spent one month the Caprice was on stands and made the underneath of the car like NEW.

Car Dirty underneath

Car cleaned underneath, Even polised the Stanless Steel Exhaust.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Yes if you dont get a answer. I have given the oil away to others that cany afford good oil and all cars are still running, done this for years I WARN them but the time finished talking they got the oil out of my hands. The lot of them know the way I am Fussy , Paranoid, and the lot them know I have OCD YEAh OCD love it and after fitting the Charger Battery point I spent one month the Caprice was on stands and made the underneath of the car like NEW.

Car Dirty underneath

Car cleaned underneath, Even polised the Stanless Steel Exhaust.

I once had a VR commodore come into work, my boss said the guy must hand clean the underside.
You're not alone.