Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Oil warning

Teddy LS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina
Hey I need some help. I just recently rebuilt the bottom end in my LS1 VY Berlina. Since the rebuild my check oil warning keeps beeping at me. First I thought it was the oil pressure switch. I replaced it, no change. Then I thought perhaps too much oil, that seemed to help it but now my problem has changed. It drives and runs beautifully. But at idol, it beeps check oil. If I raise reves to just over 1000 it goes away. When they drop to 980 or so it beeps again. Never comes on whilst driving. Any ideas

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
sounds like low oil pressure

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
sure the oring on the pickup pipe went in right to the pump inlet and didnt pinch and it was the correct oring ? LS1 shows oil pressure on the data so u could see what it is reading make sure its good

Teddy LS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina
sure the oring on the pickup pipe went in right to the pump inlet and didnt pinch and it was the correct oring ? LS1 shows oil pressure on the data so u could see what it is reading make sure its good
Yeah oring was correct and I'm hopeful it went in correctly. No real way to tell now. What should my oil pressure be. It only seems to drop it idol. Before it was constant. I have no other signs of a bad oil pump. It seems to want to come on when it's parked on a hill or when swoshback from reversing and sudden braking.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
What does it show up as?

My scan tool has nothing IRT oil pressure

I was of the impression they only have idiot lights and you need a dedicated oil pressure gauge

To the OP, what oil pump you running?

Teddy LS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina
I think I will truely cry if I have to rip the engine out again. It will be the third time this year. There is no way to check the pickup on this damn b*#+h with the stupid sump setup with engine still in

Teddy LS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina
What does it show up as?

My scan tool has nothing IRT oil pressure

I was of the impression they only have idiot lights and you need a dedicated oil pressure gauge

To the OP, what oil pump you running?
Don't have a scan tool on me. Waiting to see a mate over the weekend. Just original standard oil pump. She idols at around 980rpm and that seems to set it off. Doesn't take much to stop it. Just a feather foot for about 5 seconds to just over 1000rpm. Could it be air

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
when you say rebuilt bottom end
do you mean machined crank and oversize bearings and new oil pump

Teddy LS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina
when you say rebuilt bottom end
do you mean machined crank and oversize bearings and new oil pump