Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Oil warning

Teddy LS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina
I do have a warm 6 as well.....Crow 664 cam, mild porting, holley....3 core copper rad, can't remember the thermostat temp range and this doesn't get upto the temps you're referring to unless I have done some running and stop at lights at on a hot day....Again, tap water with that....

Yes, I'm referring to 6 bangers with my quotes but still yours still seem excessive with the quick temp rising you're reporting.....

Your oil pressure issues...Have you spoken to the old mechanic as to what oil viscosity you should run with the clearance on the crank you have?
Yeah it was his recommendation of 10w40. He called it super slow oil. Temp reading is from the systems menu. It has never reached over just a smidge above half on the needle. 100° isn't that excessive if you think about combustion is at around 4-500°

Teddy LS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina
I do have a warm 6 as well.....Crow 664 cam, mild porting, holley....3 core copper rad, can't remember the thermostat temp range and this doesn't get upto the temps you're referring to unless I have done some running and stop at lights at on a hot day....Again, tap water with that....

Yes, I'm referring to 6 bangers with my quotes but still yours still seem excessive with the quick temp rising you're reporting.....

Your oil pressure issues...Have you spoken to the old mechanic as to what oil viscosity you should run with the clearance on the crank you have?
I have never seen a cammed 6. I have a mate desperate to do it. What sort of power increase did you see. What does it sound like. I can't imagine it