Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Opel Commodore C

355HD

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 Vy commodore s pack/ 355 stroker 1965 HD Holden
wow that really is something different, but in the vb/ vc model he has the steering wheel reminds me of a merc wheel but i have to say i prefer the holden style grill over the opel but none the less still looks very cool to see something out of the the ordinary

Wesuri

Reaction score
Website
www.opel6070club.com
Members Ride
Opel Commodore+Rekord+Omega
New addition, -69 coupe
img6399.jpg

traded the -85 and some other stuff away for it

Wesuri

Reaction score
Website
www.opel6070club.com
Members Ride
Getting back to the original subject of body structure differences between Opel Commodore C and Holden Commodore VB/VC. Few weeks ago I bought Opel Euroservice brochure "New Technical Features and Information, Commodore C" from August 1978 by GM Adam Opel AG. Few pics below.

first page showing the subject
img6910ms.jpg

underbody dimension plan
img6905s.jpg

cross member, left wheel well, front side member
img6908o.jpg

front suspension
img6909j.jpg

How about Holden?

Last edited:

Wesuri

Reaction score
Website
www.opel6070club.com
Members Ride
Material from other models to compare would be nice. Nothing yet so a bit of off-topic again:

Here's my coupe last winter before I bought it
img5011w.jpg

and here last weekend, going under the roof next to my -68 delivery which I haven't shown yet
img6920mod.jpg

img6921mod.jpg

next weekend we have one of the last bigger meets before winter, will go to get a few spare parts and new ideas :D.

VQ-Assault

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VQII Statesman
Well, pretty much everything has and is been rally raced here so that's no excude to anything. Rally cars are usually strenghtened anyway by those who race them.

I don't think that nothing was done to strenghten it, but do we know where all the money went? Maybe the folks just drinked so much beer trying to figure out what to do ;).

It just so conveniently happened that a week ago I bought an Opel Omega A 3000 -88 to replace my -79 Commo as a daily driver. This one already has an IRS. Cw is as low as 0,28.

omg1i.jpg

omg2a.jpg

omg3.jpg

Hopefully the Commo will evolve to a hobby racer now :bang:.

In the second picture the steering wheel looks to be the same as a VN Group A/ VP Calais International/ Ford EB GT Momo steering wheel, also the seats look like VN SV Langton seats but they could be Recaros,

When i was on holiday last year and when i was in Germany i went into a Opel dealership and asked about Opel Senator B Foglights which are the same as VP SS and VR-VS Caprice Foglights. It turned out Opel still supply them for around €100 a set, a lot better than the $400+ AUS people charge here, but like Holden the dealership where I was in Duisburg couldn't see on the computer old parts for the Senator B where they could source them from. They told me to contact Opel HQ in Russelsheim by mail so i didn't bother.

Also while I was in Europe i looked into getting a Eibach Prokit for my VQ Statesman. The Opel Senator B IRS looks the same but with the front I couldn't be sure that Opel Senator A, Opel Monza front springs would be the same as VN/VP so i didn't risk it. I've had trouble sourcing the Prokit in Australia as Australian suppliers only have for VT onwards

Also in when i was Germany i had a look at a Irmscher Senator B with the C40SE. It was a really nice car. The Statesman 5000i takes a lot of design cues from it

Saw a Lotus Omega Carlton as well, should note it shares some parts with the VN Group A .They have the same brakes, the ZF 6 speed and a lot of other stuff as well. Its a great car. The Thundersaloon race car is just awesome

Last edited:

RazzaCaine

Long Gone Now
Reaction score
Members Ride
---
that '69 coupe would make a seriously awesome weekend car

Wesuri

Reaction score
Website
www.opel6070club.com
Members Ride
And a weekend car it shall become. The plan has pretty much crystalized.

On the Omega the seats are Recaros, not sure who made the steering wheel. But everything is still original 80's Opel, including the digi-dash :).