Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ordered new 8" 2DIN Sat Nav Stereo for my VE Series I

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
it looks like there is going to be no fix for dual zone any time soon or at all.
matt hasn't replied to me about a fix or any more testing needed so it looks like they just cant do it.

the work around I am using in my ssv(dual zone) is to source a single zone hcm out of an omega or sv6 and swap out the dual zone hcm for the single zone hcm.

picture of hcm.
akzbx4.jpg

this works perfectly for cold/ac but with the heater only the passenger side gets heat the drivers side stays cold, you can just put the passenger side on heat and close the drivers vents off using the little flow adjuster dial on each vent and the car will heat up fine even with the ac on.

I don't use the heater so for me the single zone hcm fixed the problem for me as I only use cold.

cewing

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SWAGON
It's a shame. So many products have come so close to being good - if only someone could see the potential!!!

soleit

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS-V
Bugger it, as much as I'd love to get the digoptions, seems to be a real lack of intention to fix the duel zone issue and since the Mrs likes temp on her side different, not interested in changing the SSV to a single zone. Getting this instead and go with a unit that has all I need without bells I wouldn't use https://www.facebook.com/G8Designs/

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca

gazac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
red leds arrived today and I have replaced the green/blue leds.
the ones I used were red 0603 smd leds and the cost about $1.30 for 100.

something that may help others doing this.
29zqxjr.jpg

you see around each led is the white outline, the fat or thicker side is negative

Thanks Stooge for the info, have change all the LEDs to red (0603) & painted the unit
& trim Satin Black, it looks much better. I had the green & blue LED's as well.

I must say it was a pain doing them small small LEDs, I pickup a hot air gun & using solder paste
added the LEDs, first time using a hot air gun & it great, the best way to solder SMD's

Thanks for all your help