Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Overheating - odd symptoms

RaptorBenn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S '06 3.6L V6
I have a VZ Crewman ute with the 3.6l alloytec, and its losing coolant but there are no visible leaks.
syptoms
-Air bubbles coming out coolant filler cap
-Occasional rough idle but only on start and sometimes it will go away by itself or after restart
-losing coolant/ overheating (obviously)

had the radiator water pump and thermostat changed a while ago but no difference made, and the hoses are all good.

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
I have a VZ Crewman ute with the 3.6l alloytec, and its losing coolant but there are no visible leaks.
syptoms
-Air bubbles coming out coolant filler cap
-Occasional rough idle but only on start and sometimes it will go away by itself or after restart
-losing coolant/ overheating (obviously)

had the radiator water pump and thermostat changed a while ago but no difference made, and the hoses are all good.

Have you checked the coolant reservoir? Any discharge/gunk on the coolant reservoir dipstick?

Could try placing cardboard under the car to see if any leaks show up by leaking onto the cardboard.

RaptorBenn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S '06 3.6L V6
Have you checked the coolant reservoir? Any discharge/gunk on the coolant reservoir dipstick?

Could try placing cardboard under the car to see if any leaks show up by leaking onto the cardboard.

The reservoir is full but clean, and there's definitely no leaks.

petern64

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss 6lt , 2017 Mustang GT , 2021 BT50 SP
is the valley cover the same set up as an Ecotec?? because on the Ecotec the gasket deteriorates between the water jacket and exhaust port creating a path between the two ,,this happened to me ,just a thought !

ilusiv1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ crewman
Yeah bro I second the coolant cap, I had a VZ crewman that the temp kept climbing too, no leakage of any type, changed the cap all sweet.