Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Owners behind the Motors

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Apprentice Heavy Vehicle Mechanic. 2nd year.
First car: Dads old EF Fairmont. (hammy down). Hit a tree and barbed wire fence.
Second car (First purchased car): VS Acclaim '95.

BookMe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
21 years old
Apprentice 4th year Fitter (and turner, but don't do any machining)

Have owned
'88 VL SL - was nothing special -sold

'05 VZ SV6 - awesome P plater car, front and rear bags, sound system, wheels (ve ssv) -sold

'78 Mercedes 450SEL - 4.5L V8. Everything was electric and everything worked, including the sunroof. Was lowered to <one inch off the ground from the chassis. Got pulled over heaps and the cops never looked twice (it was shaped like a boat underneath, so it looked >100mm from side on) -sold but I want to buy it back soon

'03 VY Calais LS1 - Plenty of money spent, 309RWKW. -still got it.

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
15 allmost 16 in 109 days. Getting my ls when the door opens on my birthday :D. I have had a very large amount of cars around 60 yes hard to believe for my age fords and holdens ftw but i love it. Thanks too dad's knoladge and a resonable sized back yard and a hand when i need it. No work atm waiting for a job at supercheap or auto barn.. :)

Matt02SS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS + VY exec + Vs wagon
20 Years old
Shift Plant Operator at Nyrstar led smelter.

Have owned: Camira, 94 VR V6 & VY SS

VZ_SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
25, underground fitter, have owned a lot of commodores, recently sold my Ss, just got a daily shitbox now, spending the cash to restore a racing manx norton. Too many projects on the go.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
28, Mature aged uni student (studying primary teaching); cars are nothing special; VB was joint project with dad so he helped out financially (amount has been noted on estate so when the 'time'comes i'll be getting less than sibling I imagine). Used to be public service civil engineer before having an 'acute depressive episode'.

Back at uni first time round had a 2000 Toyota corolla as a gift from mum; hated it. When I started as an engineer I got a 2005 corolla - hated it. got a 2008.5 Mazda 3; loved it but thought I needed the money so I sold it for a song. Then I realised I still needed a modern car for uni commuting (was just going to use the VB), got a '98 pug 306, modified it and as a result made huge loss on it for it. It was feeling really old so I changed it for another mazda 3 - that turned out to be in a prang with irreperable body twisting. Hated it. Traded it on the VX. Love it!

VB lineage is shorter - had 'friends' in my former life who enjoyed camping, fishing etc. I got into it a bit too, had some money, so bought a GQ patrol and a small boat. Friendship soured for I realised I was just being used. Sold the items and went looking for a classic car. Choice was down to a '65 Bug available locally or the '79 VB that I found in sydney. I made my choice and I stick by it.

In non-auto things, I help out with certain children's charities when I can, belong to the local runners club and run 70-80km a week currently in preparation for 2012 Canberra Marathon. Do weights as well. Enjoy reading books related to health, fitness, science and philosophy. Used to be 137kg w/44 inch waist; now 81-82 with 32 inch waist. Am 5 feet 9.5 inches. Wear glasses. Have a cat. Am member of local car club.

Last edited:

Jonesy484

OfficialChadyMeetOrganisr
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE 2 SSV REDLINE WAGON
20, Produce Assitant and Merchandise Sales Assitant
Studying resorts: water recreation
Owned: 99 Bmw 523i my dads and currently a Vx S pack on 19's

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Oh well, can't blame a man for trying. I love the odd ball stuff.

Its really not that oddball. They were a Cortina sized car, but unlike the Cortina not sure that they ever came in a 4. Stock they came with a 215 or 245 hemi, the e49 being a 265 hemi just bolted straight in. Mine was running low 10s with no other mods at all, used to really piss off the V8 Cortina conversions being stepped on by a 6. Of course the e49 six pack in a Charger had a better 1/4 mile than a GTHO off the factory floor.. (14.0 vs 14.1) and the Centura is a bunch lighter.

This isnt mine obviously, but this shows what a turbo, tubs and a pair of Mickey Thompsons could do for it..

Last edited by a moderator:

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac SII Raptorcharged
thats wicked. I would love to build a kit car with some torque factor. Does any one know of a place in Australia that sell fiberglass FJ ute's or a LJ torana's?

amos_executive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
18, 19 this year, I.T desktop support, getting microsoft and cisco certified to move up into the network side of the world

current daily just a vz exec with a bit of work, go the old 67 impala as the weekender/project car, and waiting on the house to be built and vf to come out before stepping into a new daily