Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Owners behind the Motors

seq4x4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
Im 21 & work at Dominos (looking for another job)

First car: 85 VK Commodore. Fair bit of money and custom work into her. Towbar through the front end bent the sub rails..
383296_291846650867423_100001262702789_878546_1774589615_n.jpg

Second car: 97 VS Commodore. Too much money into her. Getting over cars since i lost my VK. :(
393499_274632852588803_100001262702789_825620_1810968583_n.jpg

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
18, 19 this year, I.T desktop support, getting microsoft and cisco certified to move up into the network side of the world

current daily just a vz exec with a bit of work, go the old 67 impala as the weekender/project car, and waiting on the house to be built and vf to come out before stepping into a new daily

You're clearly being paid more than me mate :p

What qualifications are you going for, apart from CCNA presumably?

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
Oh well, can't blame a man for trying. I love the odd ball stuff.

Its really not that oddball. They were a Cortina sized car, but unlike the Cortina not sure that they ever came in a 4. Stock they came with a 215 or 245 hemi, the e49 being a 265 hemi just bolted straight in. Mine was running low 10s with no other mods at all, used to really piss off the V8 Cortina conversions being stepped on by a 6. Of course the e49 six pack in a Charger had a better 1/4 mile than a GTHO off the factory floor.. (14.0 vs 14.1) and the Centura is a bunch lighter.

This isnt mine obviously, but this shows what a turbo, tubs and a pair of Mickey Thompsons could do for it..

What I meant by odd ball, is you just don't see them around any more. A mate of mine had one with a 265, triples and 4 speed back in the late '80 That thing smoked everything in its path.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mirkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GSXR1000
27, worked in insurance for the past 3yrs. Prior to that I was doing a brief stint of labouring after doing FIFO for 6 months. Have had a number of different jobs. Can't wait to get into something else and out of insurance... *sigh*.

Currently have a VT SS 5L that I've had for about 2yrs.
Previously had '05 Kawasaki ZX10R for about 3-4yrs, prior to that a Hyosung 250 and also a Nissan R33 GTS (with bolt on turbo conv.)
Have also had an ole '84 Mazda 929 and prior to that a VP Exec.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
What I meant by odd ball, is you just don't see them around any more. A mate of mine had one with a 265, triples and 4 speed back in the late '80 That thing smoked everything in its path.

Yep, freaking awesome engines, and perfect for a little car like the Centura. Not a Chrysler man but you gotta respect the hemi..

amos_executive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
You're clearly being paid more than me mate :p

What qualifications are you going for, apart from CCNA presumably?

worked for good companies, wood group then chevron, now another descent sized mining organization, not afraid to piss money around haha
getting stuck into my CompTIA Network+, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, CCNA and my works paying for 5 or 6 lower level microsoft courses

how long you been working I.T bud?

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
worked for good companies, wood group then chevron, now another descent sized mining organization, not afraid to piss money around haha
getting stuck into my CompTIA Network+, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, CCNA and my works paying for 5 or 6 lower level microsoft courses

how long you been working I.T bud?

Wow mate, for your age you're on fire!
I've only been in the game 3 months, wrapped up my Diploma in Systems Admin last year, currently looking at my options with furthering that. I'm desktop support at a High School, look after about 1400 laptops, so not much big coin. But great hours, great environment, minimal stress. Might help if I get teaching qualifications soon.

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
21, Trainee aeronautical draftsmen (operations and airport design)

Cars owned in order:
- 67 VW Beetle (sold)
- 95 VR Commodore sedan (sold)
- 96 VS Commodore ute (sold)
- 95 JZA80 Supra TT (written off)
- 96 WRX AWD (current)

amos_executive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Wow mate, for your age you're on fire!
I've only been in the game 3 months, wrapped up my Diploma in Systems Admin last year, currently looking at my options with furthering that. I'm desktop support at a High School, look after about 1400 laptops, so not much big coin. But great hours, great environment, minimal stress. Might help if I get teaching qualifications soon.

thanks mate, appreciate it :)
nice mate nice, if youre enjoying yourself thats all that matters, we're working 8-5 basically never get lunch breaks, hardly actually finish at 5, just stress stress stress and no appreciation from the users we support
somethings gotta pay for me hobbies though haha

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
thanks mate, appreciate it :)
nice mate nice, if youre enjoying yourself thats all that matters, we're working 8-5 basically never get lunch breaks, hardly actually finish at 5, just stress stress stress and no appreciation from the users we support
somethings gotta pay for me hobbies though haha

Yeah that's exactly what I wanted to avoid, all craziness, here you just get to help people. And the pay's not that bad at all tbh. I do 7:30 - 4, and I am always out by 4 except for staff meetings lol. I never left school :)

That said, you have an Impala. Which is exactly 1 more Impala than I have...

EDIT: I'm 20, and I'm ahead of most my age, shows how far you are!

Last edited: