Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

P-Plate VX Commodore - First Car

SookyTurner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx
@666-GMH haha yeah ive got my sub in there, but it wouldnt weigh much. lol at fat friends. Marry a fat chick?? lol

@Dumpedvs - Cheers, yeah i dont wanna go to low at the front because it has hard enough trouble at the moment trying to get into some driveways and its just stock. And plus the roads are shithouse lol

dumpedvs

sheppa8
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S
@Dumpedvs - Cheers, yeah i dont wanna go to low at the front because it has hard enough trouble at the moment trying to get into some driveways and its just stock. And plus the roads are shithouse lol

I know what you mean, even harder with the bodykit.
Just have to take every driveway/speedhump/incline/decline slowly and sideways haha.

SookyTurner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx
So got a bit more of an update on the stuff ive done:

• Fitted a CAI from MACE. Not really for any performance gains or anything like that, but i reckon it looks pretty cool - could be just the P-Plater coming out in me. Got the perspex lid as well which looks pretty boss IMO lol Will post pics up and also of my foggies
• Transmission fluid change. The old filter had broken at the neck because the sump was all banged up so I or someone else must have hit something.
• Diff Oil Change. Was pretty black and for peace of mind it was good
• Car was pissing out with coolant and I think theres a problem with the overflow bottle. It olnly occured once when I was on a slope, as soon as I moved to a level surface it stopped. Is anyone elses overflow dipstick all bent up and **** to read? I checked all the hoses and what not, it seems that i need to top the coolant up pretty regularly but I pressure tested it today and it stayed on 20PSI so I dunno. Also there was brown corrosion in my radiator pretty bad, which pissed me off because Holden did a coolant change about 5000kms ago, so I think theyve neglected to flush it, in saying that, I probably should have checked it more often.
• Ive had this weird click sound in my right hand, rear for ages and when Holden checked it, they said something about the spring needing to be heated up to get rid of the noise and its nothing to worry about. I had a good look under there today and finally found what was making the stupid noise - the cover on the top of the shock absorber (i think it keeps dust and **** out) has come loose and rattles around, so that will go when I do my suspension

Suspension will get done when I get a bit more coin, and I really wanan clean the throttle body and **** cause after seeing Harmless Muffin Man's write up, it got my scared about how much gunk could be in there. At some point I also want to change the taillights because they look a bit tacky now I reckon.

Car seems to run alot smoother now though and gives me good peace of mind!

Cheers
Luke

SookyTurner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx
Replaced the door actuator today, so happy it works normally now. Took my engine cover off and the dust was horrid, so give that a wash shortly.

Here are a pic of my foggies:
2012-07-16 17.04.07 (Copy).jpg

frewcha

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 50th Anniversary
turn your sub around, get speaker grilles, bass imporved a million times

SookyTurner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx
So when I had my car on the hoist when doing the O2 Sensors and oil change I checked my tyres and their wear patterns. I could not believe how much difference lowering the rear changes the wear of the tyres. The insides were almost bald. Time to get the K-Frame from a VY into their :(