Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

P0606 fault code, ECM/PCM Processing fault..

Mahmoud ghazal

Reaction score
Members Ride
Chevrolet Lumina Sv6
Hello guys ,i have the same problem in my Lumina S ( commodore sv6 ) ,safety mode active and power reduced appears only when i give a full race so after changing the gear it happens ,so when i restart the car ,the car starts normally and i can drive it with no problems untill i give a full race again ,the mechanic told me to change the Ecm/Pcm processor ,any thoughts ??

Bpnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve omega
Hello guys ,i have the same problem in my Lumina S ( commodore sv6 ) ,safety mode active and power reduced appears only when i give a full race so after changing the gear it happens ,so when i restart the car ,the car starts normally and i can drive it with no problems untill i give a full race again ,the mechanic told me to change the Ecm/Pcm processor ,any thoughts ??
Hey bro I'm having similar problem did u end up resolving problem?if so what did u have to do ?

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Throttle body clean? Sticking throttle plate will cause it to go into limp mode.

LuminaME

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE Lumina 3.6L
to leave my experience about P0606
VE V6 Commo (Middle East's Lumina
badge)
i left the car to dealer for general periodic service and checkup ... and out of no where they called me to show ecu had given the code P0606 (only) indicating ecu needs to be replaced and quoting (2arms+2legs .. $3000) for the replacement.

I wasn't convienced .. since the car was running just fine with no sign of ecu missbevaing .. so i took car to other service center .. the guys checked and shared my thought that the ecu should be ok.
Earasing the code and going to test drive .. at heavy loading (almost full load/WOT) it poped CEL again with same one code p0606 ..
The guys tried everything VIM valve, TB, plugs, O2 sensors, programming, checked grounding and alternator charging, even changed ecu (twice / second hand) with no result ... p0606 was presistent to occure at full loading ...
untill changed the MAF sensor .. ta daaa .. issue solved.

the strange thing ecu was not giving any other code during almost 10days of working and attempts!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Lex