Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Paddle retrofit

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
It was fitted by Eagers Holden before we took delivery Sept 2015.
Hmmm, must be only early MY15's and older, Yours is much later in the year so might have been fitted with the new BCMs :)

Let us know if the BCM flash is compatible with SS-V series as well as Calais V series VFII and LS3). My dealer said it was not though I think they are not sure so gave me the negative answer to get rid of me...
As far as I can tell, any BCM can be flashed for the paddle shift. That is technically speaking, I have not psychically tried flashing every single BCM variant possible as of yet.

To put it into basic terms... think of the BCM like a smart phone.
Smartphones can have new features added by installing new apps.
The 'paddle shift' calibration is essentially adding in a new app (feature) that all Holden VF BCMs are compatible with.

BUT Holdens scantools do have their limitations and restrictions which prevent some vehicles from having it installed. (Ie.. MY13/14/early 15).
I bypass those restrictions by using my own custom tools to flash in those calibrations.

Pretty sure you shouldnt have any problems as a series2 owner, they should be able to happily add that into your vehicle.

CalaisVLS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V 6.2litre V8
Hmmm, must be only early MY15's and older, Yours is much later in the year so might have been fitted with the new BCMs :)

As far as I can tell, any BCM can be flashed for the paddle shift. That is technically speaking, I have not psychically tried flashing every single BCM variant possible as of yet.

To put it into basic terms... think of the BCM like a smart phone.
Smartphones can have new features added by installing new apps.
The 'paddle shift' calibration is essentially adding in a new app (feature) that all Holden VF BCMs are compatible with.

BUT Holdens scantools do have their limitations and restrictions which prevent some vehicles from having it installed. (Ie.. MY13/14/early 15).
I bypass those restrictions by using my own custom tools to flash in those calibrations.

Pretty sure you shouldnt have any problems as a series2 owner, they should be able to happily add that into your vehicle.
Thanks Tazzl. I will speak to my dealer service department on Monday and hopefully they agree to do the BCM flash....just a small question before....when the dealer fitted the SS-V steering wheel to the Calais V, I lost the ability to activate the lane departure warning or to adjust the distance for the collision warning....these buttons on the steering wheel don't work....is there a wiring limitation when installing this wheel on a Calais? These is a different wiring loom for the SSV wheel...

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Thanks Tazzl. I will speak to my dealer service department on Monday and hopefully they agree to do the BCM flash....just a small question before....when the dealer fitted the SS-V steering wheel to the Calais V, I lost the ability to activate the lane departure warning or to adjust the distance for the collision warning....these buttons on the steering wheel don't work....is there a wiring limitation when installing this wheel on a Calais? These is a different wiring loom for the SSV wheel...

In all honesty, I haven't gotten around to testing that out on a Calais or play with the lane departure/collision warning ect. Might need to check some wiring diagrams to see if there are differences between the wheels.

Will be looking into getting a VF this year for research and development. If I had one now, I would just flash the entire vehicle with a CalaisV calibration and personally test out the SSV wheel+ paddles :)

central3

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6 ute
I got a quick reply back from my dealer and am having the upgrade fitted in a couple of days time when I pick the car up. At NZ$870 it is not cheap but way cheaper than going the JHP route. Hopefully I can get a few dollars for my old wheel. I asked the dealer about a Calais upgrade. He said that the application is specified as SV6, SS and SSV non-Redline only. Thanks for all of your input. Now looking forward to pick-up day and then fitting my 19" rims, lowering springs and sports pedals (all off my 2014 SS S1)

SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Heroin White VF2 SS Wagon
Tomorrow i'm getting the local dealer to supply and fit the paddle shifter and flat bottom steering wheel for $600. I thought it was best to get this now since they might not be available in the future at that price.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
It was fitted by Eagers Holden before we took delivery Sept 2015.
Right, got my info wrong about the BCM's I have!

MY15 BCM's (Series1) should all be able to get the kit. Its MY13 and MY14 that have a different BCM which is (stupidly) incompatible. Technically possible but Holdens tools will throw the ol 'hardware mismatch'.

Depending on interest, I should be able to get the kits in for $525 I believe. Will then need to ask Holden to do the flash update in the BCM to enable the paddles. (I don't have a remote flash option for this at this time).

SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Heroin White VF2 SS Wagon
I picked it up an hour ago, it's a nice little upgrade to have especially for the price.
The RRP is $570 supplied and installed. The local dealers quoted $600 and $640, so go figure.
Once home I realised that I forgot to ask for the standard wheel back!

I always dread taking a car to the dealership for anything, they usually scratch them or make it worse in one area or another.
Luckily the only "extra" I got today was a boot scuff on the side skirt which was easily removed.

CalaisVLS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V 6.2litre V8
I got a quick reply back from my dealer and am having the upgrade fitted in a couple of days time when I pick the car up. At NZ$870 it is not cheap but way cheaper than going the JHP route. Hopefully I can get a few dollars for my old wheel. I asked the dealer about a Calais upgrade. He said that the application is specified as SV6, SS and SSV non-Redline only. Thanks for all of your input. Now looking forward to pick-up day and then fitting my 19" rims, lowering springs and sports pedals (all off my 2014 SS S1)
Thanks for asking your dealer......does this mean that the paddles won't work on a Calais? Tazzl thought it was technically possible. I'm going to ask my dealer again when I get back from holiday next week.....the only reason I have not approached a 2nd dealer is that they owe me the work as I have already paid for the option.....they have offered a full refund on the option though.