Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

painting black plastice trim....help

reidy1990

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
yeh i was tryin to avoid spending that much. but you get what you pay for i guess...

K Lewy

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8L 1997 VT S Pack; 5 Spd Man
Supercheap Auto stock Power plus paints, which is produced by HOLTS. They stock a wide variation of colours, just go in with your paint code and car make, model, year, and rough colour. I.e Black, blue, red,green So forth. They will help you out ay.

Bombsky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN dmg90,VZ ute,DRZ400e
You need to prime with plastic primer before undercoating if its raw.The paint you get made up from the codes can be okay ,depending on the colour mix and if the paints faded.I got a bumper silver metallic done professional from raw,cost 200.Looks good but can notice in certain light if you know to look.Bad colour to match,you see cars with a door out and it sticks out like dog balls.Bumpers,skirts n stuff not that noticable even if they out abit.

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
Also you must remember that if your car has any guage of metallic flake in it, the paint needs to be applied at the same angle as the other panels. The colour match could be spot on but if the metallic is out the car will look **** and have a motley effect. This is what they call the flip, Metallics are darker and lighter at different angles and light sources. Like i said before, If you want your car to look good get a Spraynter to do it..

reidy1990

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
cheers guys thanks for all the tips. im going to give it a go. will start preping on the weekend. if i stuff it up ill have to find some new plastics and get it done proffesionaly

bdj_007

Foose
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
2002 Holden VX Equipe SII
It will look off. These colours are not one single colour like you may think, They are made of of many different colours, at least 5. Holden Use Glasurit paints, maybe if you could get a copy of your cars colour formular you could get a Spray painter to mix you up a batch. Other then that it will look ****.

Ben

Holden use ppg deltron.
Make sure you scuff them with bodykleen by ppg and some scotchbrite, plastic prime them and paint. if you are worried about it flaking use a felxible additive.