Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pandora

Steve Bowden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais 6.0 Series 1
Honestly I wouldn't recommend Naviplus, ive tried the Naviplus system and couldn't get it to work properly even though some have , maybe a wire broke during the marathon attempt to install it . I had to splice wires into the 12v socket power supply and splice another wire into the main plug into the head unit as well as drill a hole/groove just above the usb in the glove box to run another wire . If this system is truly plug and play it would be the way to go , I wish I new this was available before I spent a couple grand on after market head units just to have Apple Carplay/Android Auto ( DAMN MY OCD!!! ) I haven't seen any feedback on this also , so maybe its not sold out , but a flop

hi, what brand head unit did you replace your myLink with? I'd heard the HVAC prevented pulling the original equip out... Did it mess with seat heaters or HUD etc? tks

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I cant remember if it was the aerpro facia adaptor responsible to make this work or the head unit

the kits like naviplus and envyous use a box(normally hd-link) that sits between the mylink screen and base unit which allows them to add in another io box for android etc and that type of setup keeps the mylink for operating hvac and all the other vehicle controls.

the kits that remove the mylink and install an aftermarket unit like kayhan and the aerpro kit use a canbus decoder to get and set the information for the vehicles controls.
as far as I know the aerpro kit comes with a "connects2" decoder box to sit between the headunit and the vehicle.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
do any of these interface with the HUD?

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Addon systems like Naviplus do , aftermarket head units like Alpine or Kenwood don't , the Kayhan units apparently do , but this hasn't been confirmed

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
If you read the notes here https://aerpro.com/fp9353k?src=api they say the heated seats wont work , but I did read that they were working on this
if they are using connects2 then they will probably be waiting for connects to implement it into the decoder box.

do any of these interface with the HUD?
the naviplus and envyous ones work with the hud because you retain the original mylink.

the kayhan unit is supposed to be working on it so I would contact them about the hud before purchasing
https://kayhanaudio.com.au/product/satnav-for-holden-commodore-vf/

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
nice, i just got my VF and well tbh I really like the mylink, but expanding it's capabilities feels like a no brainer down the track.

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
nice, i just got my VF and well tbh I really like the mylink, but expanding it's capabilities feels like a no brainer down the track.
I would tend to lean towards the Kayhan unit if everything stacks up . I didn't have much luck with the Naviplus system , I couldn't get music to play through that system .
One thing I haven't thought about is whether the after market systems like Alpine or Kenwood will integrate with the hud if they have the GPS units fitted to them , they both have a gps system that plugs into them but once again it come down to whether Aerpro has integrated this into the 'connects2' that @stooge mentioned , I don't know of anyone that have this kind of system to know