Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

PaRaDoX's MA71 Manual Turbo Targa Supra

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
ps. thats my mate wearing the imaginary top hat!

They're is a Welsch plug on that side anyway which means they'res not tons of material to remove, ill pop the plug out tonight and see what its like inside!

ill take some detailed pictures of my spare manifold tonight, and do a proper drawing, i might zap up some brackets too.. mm i got paid today and my pay's already gone woo

head wont be ready for 2 weeks anyway. should give me some time i finish the bottom end assembly, headgasket should arrive in a week.

if i can get the manifold modified before i drop the block in ill need to do new i/c pipes, it should uncomplicate my engine bay heaps!

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
ok called the engine builder,

the heads been pressure tested and softness tested + inspected. it all looks good, the engine shops welded up some errosion round the water jackets (look back earlier in my thread if you want to see) and then redecked the head so that its perfect.

they've been quiet good to deal with and well priced. i used Bech and Borge Engineering

revan_vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
hectik turbos
yer s13s are fairly annoying at the moment lol
saw a real nice mk3 behind me the other day, was black and black rims and front mount, looked like knight rider.
wouldnt mind gettin a manual 1 bit later and jst keep the 7M in it, hopefully not overdue for a blow head tho lol

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
130,000km is when they all blow... my motor only has 110,000km on it alot of 7m's get rebuilt heheh

ok whipped the manifold out heres some pics of what i was thinkin

13052009808.jpg

13052009809.jpg

13052009810.jpg

13052009811.jpg

13052009812.jpg

13052009813.jpg

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
yep that looks like the way to go is that an overboost valve on the manifold there?? lot of vacuum lines and **** on it. can do something simple like just move the tb or something a little more complex like get rid of all the **** id you dont need want it cut and weld up anything you like that

Up to you paradox let me know if you want my help

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
haha nah its a Idle control valve (its not built into the throttle body)

they'res tons of vac lines heh, even egr pipes (not fitted on this car)

UPDATE: well ive been slack for a few days but i made some progress today, bolted the p/s pump back up replaced the vac valve on the oil pump as well (shattered a plastic bit removing it) water pumps sealed, engine mounts are on. all thats left now is

clutch disc & spigot bearing (old clutch disc was oil soaked, it was basically brand new=( pressure plates fine, spigot bearing went through the machine with the crank... it dosnt spin so good shame.. took me 2 weeks to remove it last time now i have to do another!)
Trans mount (it was broken and giving tons of slack in the driveline)
Timing belt and timing belt tensioner ( waiting on overnight 2 week parts from japan/US )
head (still getting done)
headgasket (on it way atm)

pub, i think ill get the manifold done after its all back in and running but that will still be soon...its just a waiting game for parts now :)

Last edited:

Smallies

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 3.8/ VN Calais 5.0/ VY Wagon
Hey man - just thought id mention - i used to own an MA71 auto (pic attached) - My first car. Was good fun really, until head gasket blew and then a range of issues popped up. Spent some $$ getting her all fixed then sold it. Every now and then i think about getting another one. But yeah...we'll see. Nice work bud -good luck with it.

Attachments

• DSC00154.jpg
    DSC00154.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 474

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
heh, ive only even driven a manual supra, since switching to manual i dont think id ever go back for a fun car, it just has more feel :) if only i could take off fast...

today ive been a busy boy, cleaned up the turbo housing, found my wastegate was shimmed which may have been my boost control issues. fixed that now and it should be running 5-6psi insted of 6-6.5

i also removed all aircon related equipment.. i can take the roof off who needs aircon!!!!!!

i also disassembled the front end and realigned the bonnet and the nose cone, so it sits perfect (it wasn't perfect before). also ran a tap through the thread for the head bolt's to ensure they rotate perfect and don't give a false torque setting.

ill post some pics soon... im waiting for my valve springs so i can get my head finished.

I need some advice, what colour should i spray my rocker covers/valve covers as my car has no rockers... lol im thinking same colour as the block... nothing "bright" that will look gay..

UPDATE: PICS!!!

SDC12392.jpg

SDC12395.jpg

SDC12396.jpg

SDC12398.jpg

SDC12400.jpg

Last edited: