Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

PaRaDoX's MA71 Manual Turbo Targa Supra

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
this is what i want my manifold like

FrontFace1S.jpg

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
While ive been waiting on parts ive been sizing up a good turbo to take me past 14-15psi,

i want something that will flow well but not be too laggy, i think the GT30R BB has caught my attention along with the GT35R BB, ive mapped my motors flow pattern onto the comp map of the 30R... should give me goodefficiency between 4000rpm and 6000rpm and good efficiency before that and should spool quickly, till i get my EA working i have no idea if the spool line is correct, i just estimated it for now...

turbo_garrett_gt30r_compressor_big.jpg

GT35R.jpg

also heres the decomp cometic with kittie mechanic ready to install.... it has 4 layers where as my 51thou cometic had 3 id say the extra layer is the extra size
27052009829.jpg

Last edited:

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
no need to relocate alternator after all, i jigged this up on my spare motor... i used the powersteering idler pulley to provide tension on the belt in the alternators new location, and hacked the side off my inlet manifold.

there wont be much clearance between the alternator and the manifold but i can live with that, my only concern is the point that sticks out is the bolt that has current flowing through it...

i need to port it out a bit with my carbides to make the opening nice, i had to cut into the manifold a little to get the opening going but nothing a bit of weld cant fix.

yes i duct tape welded the throttle on for now... (its a mock up)

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c295/paradox616/SDC12517.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c295/paradox616/SDC12518.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c295/paradox616/SDC12519.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c295/paradox616/SDC12521.jpg

Last edited:

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
My Brain Crower valve springs arrived yesterday, dropped them off at the engine builder's this morning along with a whole heap of shims and valve stem seals. hopefully the head should be done by mid next week, and i should hopefully have it bolted down and ready to drop in 1.5-2.5 weeks time...

yaaay, im living on cheap meat pies and rice for the next week. the head is setting me back just over $1000 (incl parts) and the new spigot bearing + clutch disc is costing $230... yet another expensive week for me :p

im sealing the bellhousing when i fit the box, i plan to use silicon sealant so if any oil leaks from the back of the motor again for a random reason it won't destroy another $230 clutch disc :)

Last edited:

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
picked up the head the other day but finally got to putting it back on... gotta work this weekend so it wont be getting dropped in this weekend but next weekend it should find its self in my car, just gotta go pick up my clutch disc and im back in buisness :)

SDC12563.jpg

SDC12564.jpg

SDC12554.jpg

SDC12555.jpg

SDC12556.jpg

SDC12558.jpg

SDC12557.jpg

SDC12560.jpg

SDC12561.jpg

SDC12562.jpg

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Woooaaa.... so nice and shiney and clean and *drool* awesome and wicked and... ghaaaaa....

NIce work! Keep the updates coming..

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
loks good mate how come they didnt clean up the water jackets where they welded them? i would have done that at my old work we always did that it just leads to errosion later on...