Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

PaRaDoX's MA71 Manual Turbo Targa Supra

Troy5L

building a lemon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gu patrol td42
engine looks very nice and shiney. how much kw/hp u looking at gaining now that the engine has been rebuilt?

and y dont u chuck a bigger turbo on it now that the engine is out, would be much easier when the engine outs the car, the asians left little room in the engine bay, hence there small hands lol

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
Thank you,

at the moment i will be running stock boost (5-6psi) should produce 150-170rwkw don't really know!

Several reasons im not starting with a bigger turbo,
1) engines not tuned for it so want to run in on stock turbo
2) yep would be easier with engine out but its not a daily, and i own a crane, wont take me longer than a hour to remove when i want to do a upgrade.
3) the ct26 isn't a tiny ass turbo like the T3, it should beable to supply 15psi without blowing too much hot air.... its good for about 220-250rwkw...

the supra isn't as tiny as most other jap cars, everything's well laid out and my opinion is, if you cant get your tools in an engine bay, you don't have the right tools, just means most of this car is done with ring spanners rather than a socket wrench..

ive got a clear path for this car anyway

now ----> rebuild motor run 10psi
soon ---> finish run in, crank boost to 10-12psi.. ENJOY (free)
later ----> fit some wheels
after that ---> fit haltech and tune for 15psi
to finish it up ---> fit big ass turbo and crank boost to 16-18psi

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
picked up my replacement button clutch today (my old one was oil soaked due to a leak at the rear of the motor) rather than pull the box out in another few thousand k's i'm replacing it now... new spigot as well and i also rebuilt the slave cylinder for the clutch

i'm just working the wiring loom out now, and waiting on the manifold then ill drop it in from there i've got to redo all the intercooler piping put fluids in it and connect everything, all in all could have the motor back in the car within 1-2 weeks wont be moving for a few more weeks. no rush anyway :)

EDIT: popped the spigot out with the old grease trick (works a charm)
fitted the clutch, took it off the stand the motors ready to go back in the car, i can fit the manifold when its back in the car,

Next weekend i will fit the motor (was going to do it this weekend but realised i left a water hard line off and had to remove the turbo to fit it, but that's all fixed now :)

pub's been doing some good work on my manifold
Photo0294.jpg

28062009847.jpg

28062009846.jpg

28062009845.jpg

Last edited:

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Man... so many accessories. I hope you have fun fitting all your hoses and wires :p

*runs*

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
Man... so many accessories. I hope you have fun fitting all your hoses and wires :p

*runs*

actually the looms already fitted, and all the hard hoses are too, its a matter of about 4-5 hoses and plugging in the looms :)

bolting the bonnet back up will be the fun part might need to get a mate to help.

i dropped the engine crane on my foot when moving it (100kg??)
i think i broke my big toe :( oh well a worth while price to pay for fitting a motor

nothings bolted in yet, the trans is supported by a jack but its in the right spot, this weekend ill sort out all the little things and MAYBE start her for the first time but we'll see how things go.

i decided not to fit the manifold straight up, as i dont want to change too many things on the first crank, im going to start it stock, run it in for 500km then fit the manifold rather than scratching my head wondering why it wont start or run properly..

just need to make my last run to repco to buy the following
6m oil cooler lines
3m heater hose
6x spark plugs
Manual trans fluid
P/S Fluid
Brake Fluid
2x Engine oil
Oil filter (for first heat cycle change)

SDC12851.jpg

SDC12852.jpg

Last edited:

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
i didnt even realise you put a progress shot up para. I got a few more pics for you i'll send you later. in the meantime here's a bit of a teaser for everyone.

Note the hectic turbo merge pipe in the second pic

Attachments

• Photo0338.jpg
    Photo0338.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 177
  • Photo0337.jpg
    Photo0337.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 223

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
its looking good pub :)

the other side is looking good from the other pics too, the stock flange has been cut off and welded over, cant wait to see the finished product !

EDIT: Went out and bought most of the stuff i need, most of the stuff is hooked up but there is still alot of work that needs to be done, its nearly beer o'clock anyway so depending how hung over i get tommorrow i may give it a first crank to check oil pressure... (with no plugs) but to be honost i don't care if i get it started this w/e

ADDITIONAL: didn't get it to a point where i could start it spent too much time drinking/hungover :p, all that's left is
fit dump pipe
full up gearbox fluid
connect heater core hoses
plug in ecu
charge battery
put interior back together

it'll get done when it gets done :)

Last edited: