Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Parking aid keeps deactivating

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITOONS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V8
Well guys it has taken this long to resolve the issue but i want to say a HUGE thank you to Panhead for suggesting I register the error with Holden Customer Care myself as the dealership certainly did not.

It was finally resolved today at a completely different dealership AND it was covered under warranty thanks to opening a case with Holden Customer Care. Basically I dropped it off in the morning and they were able to diagnose and correct the issue before close of business.

They said it had been programmed incorrectly. Why the other dealership couldn't diagnose that after having my car on two seperate occasions is BEYOND me and i think its quite poor service.

Shoutout to Heritage Holden Maitland for their knowledge and ability. If anyone has a similar issue to me, it can be easily fixed as long as you are dealing with someone competent.

Anyway I really just wanted to say thank you for the advice and support. Finally i have this novelty feature working and my car is running as it is advertised :)

Flo Rider

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
A good result in the end and good to hear customer care was able to get involved.

SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Heroin White VF2 SS Wagon
It was finally resolved today at a completely different dealership

now that you have tried 3 different dealerships, will you be still using dealers to service your car?

ITOONS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V8
now that you have tried 3 different dealerships, will you be still using dealers to service your car?
If I knew of a good mechanic I wouldn't hesitate to take it to him/her. Unfortunately I don't know any. The one mechanic my family used for over 10 years has retired and shut up shop. So for the tine being I will be using the dealership that was actually able to fix my problem. I have a 60,000km service due now because of the age of the vehicle (despite it only clocking up 25,000km) so I have booked it in on the 15th and I'll let you guys know how I feel about them after I get it back. The MyLink desperately needs an update so I'll get them to do that at the same time.

SamDman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais 6.0
Well guys it has taken this long to resolve the issue but i want to say a HUGE thank you to Panhead for suggesting I register the error with Holden Customer Care myself as the dealership certainly did not.

It was finally resolved today at a completely different dealership AND it was covered under warranty thanks to opening a case with Holden Customer Care. Basically I dropped it off in the morning and they were able to diagnose and correct the issue before close of business.

They said it had been programmed incorrectly. Why the other dealership couldn't diagnose that after having my car on two seperate occasions is BEYOND me and i think its quite poor service.

Shoutout to Heritage Holden Maitland for their knowledge and ability. If anyone has a similar issue to me, it can be easily fixed as long as you are dealing with someone competent.

Anyway I really just wanted to say thank you for the advice and support. Finally i have this novelty feature working and my car is running as it is advertised :)
Hi ITOONS
I'm having the same issue with my car I keep getting deactivated by steering are you able to share the holden dealership that fixes your problem
Edit
Just seen it in your post after reading it again

Last edited:

SamDman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais 6.0
Hi Guys

Took my car to Castle Hill Holden today and they fixed my park assist issue in an hour. They told me they had to reprogram the steering rack.

They didnt charge me for the reprogram either.

Big thanks to the guys at Castle Hill Holden and members on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.