Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Part-time Job in Melbourne?

RichoVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ Executive
Hopefully i will be attending university down in melbourne next year, either in Footscray, Burwood or Bundoora. I am living off-campus, and unlike alot of uni kids, i aint having mummy or daddy paying for me living down there. so i will need a part-time job.

So im asking, what kind of job should i look at? And how much will it pay? hours? qualifications? I wouldnt mind doing something around cars which doesnt require qualifications, or sport. I should have a strength and conditioning coach qualification before i head off.

So any ideas?

RichoVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ Executive
mate your best bet would be to try Drake, Adecco or some kind of labour hire company.

They might send you here and there but its good pay

only thing about sending me here and there is, i do have classes to go to and what not, and last thing i need is im stuck at a worksite for a couple days. unless its like day trips, and we dont stay overnight

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
only thing about sending me here and there is, i do have classes to go to and what not, and last thing i need is im stuck at a worksite for a couple days. unless its like day trips, and we dont stay overnight

Yep you can explain to them the hours that your able to work and the situation your in. You could also ask for weekend work only. It pays more in most cases, enough for accomodation and food thats for sure

RichoVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ Executive
Yep you can explain to them the hours that your able to work and the situation your in. You could also ask for weekend work only. It pays more in most cases, enough for accomodation and food thats for sure

ill look into that, thanks mate

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Possibly look into a factory job on a night shift. Then you can still do your classes, and work, with awesome money.

Going to one of those labour hire places Ozzie said will get you something like that. Thats assuming you can handle repetative no brainer tasks.

RichoVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ Executive
Possibly look into a factory job on a night shift. Then you can still do your classes, and work, with awesome money.

Going to one of those labour hire places Ozzie said will get you something like that. Thats assuming you can handle repetative no brainer tasks.

speaking of repetitive no brainer tasks, my current job is just that. so i think i can handle that.

i will look into labouring and factory jobs

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
speaking of repetitive no brainer tasks, my current job is just that. so i think i can handle that.

i will look into labouring and factory jobs

You should be set then. Loading is 30% so its much better than what you'd get on a normal daytime job, and alot of people don't want to work nights because of family/kids etc

RichoVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ Executive
You should be set then. Loading is 30% so its much better than what you'd get on a normal daytime job, and alot of people don't want to work nights because of family/kids etc

what do u mean by loading is 30%?

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
what do u mean by loading is 30%?

Shift loading

Meaning if your getting $15 an hour on a normal shift, you will get $20 an hour for a night shift.