Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pedders Buster For The Fakes They Are !

1SIKR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK -Project-, VX R8 Clubsport
how do u know that .. i bet thousands of car drivers that HAVE been ripped off don't know about it ... so what when some one rips you off there gonna tap you on the shoulder .. hey buddie i just ripped you off ... sucked in ... you don't know when it happens !

kane88

Reaction score
Members Ride
bf xr6 daily, vl project, wb ute project
I'm gonna grab a beer and some popcorn, don't go anywhere...

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine

S.T.K.E

Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 D22 Navara Dual Cab 4x4

cewing

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SWAGON
I took my berlina to pedders for a $14 inspection. It was abit bumpier than usual after a small prang I'd had. They quoted $2000 to change shocks, springs, and a bunch of bushes and the like. whole list of things.

I took it to two small time mechanics, they both that the shocks were aging (change if u like type thing) and the engine mounts were in desperate need of changing. Pedders didn't tell me that my engine mounts needed changing, and after they were changed there was a 500% improvement in driving comfort!!

Ok my point is, i would spent $2000 and the problem wouldnt have even been fixed, only woulda made the car stiffened up. I know being a suspension place you could say that they dont look at engine mounts, but i took it there with a problem they wouldnt have fixed!

acex1138

Post Overlord
Reaction score
Members Ride
Kawasaki GPX
im not disclsoing my employer but i deal with peddars on a regular basis. most of the peddars shops are pretty good you could have your dodgey one here and there but there can also be dodgey employees tryna rack up business to look good, several employers i've worked for have encourages this so when you get hired somewhere else that whole make the big sale crap or upsell maximise it effect follows you with it (or people just use it to look good) my current employer took a while to get used to because they dont try to max their turnover they would rather just have sustainable good business and refuse to let it happen which i love.

we deal with peddars on a regular basis and while i cant disclose our operations with them, they source hteir parts from all over aus trying to use local parts suppliers. but they are sticklers for price, they will get something in and charge double for it what they paid for it. but all businesses do it.

Peddars arent regulated for how they get their crews to work, so some will be great and you might have those guys who are dodgey as or tryna keep sales up, this is hte problem with having nationwide franchises and hopefully and hopefully theywill be stamping out these indescressions

S.T.K.E

Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 D22 Navara Dual Cab 4x4
The simple idea of the $14 dollar inspection is to get people in the door. Thats all it is. Yes they have to make a dollar out of it but if you notice in the video the RACQ bloke said that some of the gear would have to be replaced within a YEAR according to the pedders report.
We use a similar promo at work to get people in the door. We advertise it in the Sunday TV guide. It makes the phone ring and thats what you want.

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vt II acclaim

thewheeldeal com au

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
...I started writing a huge long post, and then realised I wasn't getting my point across effectively, so here's the concise version....

First of all, i'll preface my post by saying that ACA and TT have a long chequered history of "over-emphasising" issues.

Regarding Pedders ripping people off - do you forget that they are a business? The purpose of which is to make money. Perhaps if they only quoted you $50 instead of $5000 to fix your problem you would be on here complaining about how poor their service is because they weren't thorough enough.

Yes, they make good margin. Yes, we small business owners can only dream of making that kind of margin. If I had purchased a franchise I would expect to be making a good return on my investment.