Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Peeps other EF falcon futura wagon

P plater

the immortal misguided one
Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 Ford Falcon Futura wagon/ 1994 VR Exec wagon
and you put the fire out?? that was probably your first mistake.. :beer chug:

It didn't literally catch fire, it made a pretty ugly burning electrical smell then most of my fuses popped and stopped further damage, it looked like the previous owner(s) tried to wire an alarm in and was slowly festering until that point, and the gearbox has started to chuck a hissy fit every now and then, when it's doing this it's like really firm changes and flares on upshifts, then sometimes completely slips out of gear, my thinking is that it is running hot and slipping because the fluid is reaching its shear point (could also previous owner trying to move it with out enough fluid)

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
I just can't work out who is dumber, the potential buyer of this thing or the previous owner that went to the trouble of trying to install an alarm in it. I would have thought most thieves would take one look at it and run away screaming not standing there thinking "man I wouldn't mind stealing this"

P plater

Reaction score
Members Ride
Update time guys and girls,
I have spent on the falcon, I cut out all the old alarm and I then added a new pioneer DEH X6750BT head unit, I then wired in a pair of fusion performance components in the front doors, I used the original mounting brackets under the dash extension panel for the tweeters and the mid range in the original holes in the doors, and a pair of kenwood 6 inch two ways in the tailgate, I still want to put a small subwoofer in the back just for more clarity in my music,

P plater

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey guys and girls, update time,
I have cracked the 20,000 mark of ownership of the cantankerous old bird, but I have noticed a puff of oil smoke on light goosing of the throttle, I have decided to do an AU donk into the car, as far as I know it will need a sump mod, change of the sensors, and custom make a bracket for the CAS sensor, I will add the AU broad band manifold, I am wondering if anyone else has a 2 cents worth or any sensible ideas I would be glad to hear about it

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
AU motor is a good upgrade, only other option is if you go an XR6 Spec motor. I have no idea on what you would have to do with the ECU to get the most out of it though.

Once again, check out the ford forums as I am pretty sure this has been covered in depth before. And good luck, it will be "fun".

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Peeps

I recently found an old grenade left over from my CMF days. It's in working order and I reckon it's just the solution to all your problems. It's free.

Want it?:bomb:

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Peeps

I recently found an old grenade left over from my CMF days. It's in working order and I reckon it's just the solution to all your problems. It's free.

Want it?:bomb:

Surely you should know better than giving matches to children :bomb:

P plater

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey guys and girls, update time again, I have gotten somewhere with the burning of oil, I had a power run on the dyno at TAFE ( 91 RWKW on petrol), I noticed that the car is running rich as fck, so I am believing that the injectors have had it or fuel pressure reg isn't returning fuel back properly, I have a purchased a donor vehicle, it is a statory write off EF fairmont, petrol only and also the person threw a VR exec wagon (I will put a thread up in the right place with the details) and also about 8 big boxes of EF/EL parts all for $350

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
I am wondering if anyone else has a 2 cents worth or any sensible ideas I would be glad to hear about it

Putting a :bomb: under it would be a good start

P plater

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey guys and girls, update time again, I got hold of a statory write off EF fairmont sedan, I paid scrap metal value, and have already stripped most of it down, here is some pictures of it
received_235025100222179_zpsc0nhs6p9.jpeg
[/URL] [/IMG]

Also I was given a OEM bull bar of another EF, here's the picture for it, I intend to have a Fairmont front clip conversion with the bullbar, I know I'm up for a lot of cutting/filling to make it fit, but I am happy to do it
DSC_0003_13_zpsirdvfslp.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]