Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

performance enhancing a series 2 ve sv6 comodore

tripo23q

Reaction score
Members Ride
series 2 ve sv6
cause i am p plater :)

thanks guys your opinions .. opening my eyes a little ive been looking into some parts and it seems that its a waiting game for now.... most in development

tripo23q

Reaction score
Members Ride
series 2 ve sv6
hence why i cant supercharge or smack a turbo in lol
i wish i would og got a gts :) and worked the tits of that lol but im gonn hvae this car for another couple years so why not enjoy it ;)

tripo23q

Reaction score
Members Ride
series 2 ve sv6
oh so chip not needed ?

and how can i go about bringing up the putput from low to mid range revs?

B-roca

I’m an F-18, bro
Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
oh so chip not needed ?

and how can i go about bringing up the putput from low to mid range revs?

Ok I will just sum up everything, that everyone has just said...

No you don't need a new ECU, just go get it tuned but get it done at a good tuner.

Most people do the following mods (no particular order):
-Full 2.5" Exhaust
-Tune
-Diff Gears
-Extractors
-Cold Air Intake

However, if you want ot make real power you use Forced Induction, i.e. Turbo or Supercharger (which would need a new ecu)

Or you just do the sensible thing (money wise) and buy a v8 which will have more power, more potential and be cheaper..

Last edited:

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Fair enough Jarp, personally would look at a 2nd hand HSV or SS diff. Save yourself a grand.
I wouldn't touch 2.5" exhaust unless you were planning on FI or big cam.

Not sure on it being cheaper lol, cost more to buy, cost more for insurance, cost more for fuel.

Last edited:

astroham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking
Ok I will just sum up everything, that everyone has just said...

No you don't need a new ECU, just go get it tuned but get it done at a good tuner.

Most people do the following mods (no particular order):
-Full 2.5" Exhaust
-Tune
-Diff Gears
-Extractors
-Cold Air Intake

However, if you want ot make real power you use Forced Induction, i.e. Turbo or Supercharger
to put forced induction on these motors is a lot more expensive then its really worth ... and you do need a new ecu ... but just for the rest of the mods no you dont need a chip yes you can get it tuned and they give good results

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
to put forced induction on these motors is a lot more expensive then its really worth ... and you do need a new ecu ... but just for the rest of the mods no you dont need a chip yes you can get it tuned and they give good results

Soz man but I would have to disagree an ECU change as I understand it is not necessary as FI has already been done in the US on these engines with the same ECU. MACE have also stated that they will be able to tune FI using the standard Bosch gear. You can either read the evidence before you or you can accept what ppl tell you. As far as costs go yes it wouldn't be cheap but then again what good things are. Even good lov'n comes at a cost :)

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Yeah agree with you there Jarp, replacing the ECU isn't required, could think of a better way to spend $3k