Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Photos Police Unmarked Magna... Beware... Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

holden#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive V6
i have learnt that police have great discretionary power.... the idea of 'innocent until proven guilty' 'proof beyond reasonable doubt' does not really apply in this land to traffic infringements. in magistrates courts, you'll only get a 15min hearing where 80% of the time the magistrate will side with the cops. you will get a fairer hearing if you are charged with murder. if ya do ya hours of homework, and or employ a lawyer, your chances are slightly better. but then time is money, - is it worth it?? points are priceless though.

unmarked cars are getting hard to spot in some circumstances. refer to my magna photo. i haven't got a front on photo. the ONLY way you can spot the car from 50meters is a small white sticker above rego sticker. no QG (Queensland Goverment) plates. no obvious strobe light on dash. by the time you see it it's locked on ya.

yes, i agree with yas. don't break the law. you won't get caught. in some cases, police officers are overzealous, and needlessly issue infringement notices when a decent warning would do.... the cops have computers in most of their cars now.. it would be easy to note down these warning in the case of a repeat minor offender.

holden#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive V6
vh holden,

if you happen to have some photos of police officers with their unmarked cars doin' their thing, post em. i see way too many of your copy and pasted ba falcons & camrys. what about some police action shots eh!!! lol.

chevy_big_block_bro

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VYII SV8 One tonner
czerwonyVN said:
honestly, the 3km/h (or is it 1 now?) tolerance is plain criminal... ADR standards stipulate that a speedo can be 10% innacurate and still legal (just)... on the freeway that is a 10km/h difference...
this is a direct quote from http://www.aph.gov.au/house/members/firstspeech.asp?id=DYN

On the subject of raising revenue, state governments have become so greedy that they blithely ignore simple fairness in enforcing speed limits that are quite often not set on a scientific basis but established from simple guesswork or, worse, with a view to maximising revenue from speed enforcement. Speedometer accuracy is legislated to be within 10 per cent by Australian design regulation 18, yet in many cases this is ignored in the threshold that is used to enforce speed limits. Picture hiring a car at an airport, obeying the speed limit according to the ADR-compliant speedometer but then getting a speeding ticket due to overzealous enforcement. As if this were not bad enough, speed-measuring devices in many states have scientifically unsupportable tolerances applied, blatantly ignoring Australian standards.

HOW TRUE IS THAT

daveb8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
i live in sa and i've never seen a cop in anything but a commodore or magna. the ones here are so easy to spot. they usually have two glass mount antennas, one coming out of the boot and steel rims. dunno why they need so many antennas...they look like a porcupine

i like it when they pull over some toolhead who thinks they're god for driving way over the speed limit.

we were driving on 100 in a 100 zone not that long ago when some tool flew past, obviously doing much more than 100. 5 mins later we caught up with him because he was on the side of the road with an unmarked cop car flashing its lights. it was a beautiful moment.

if that were a marked car the pricks would just have slowed down and not got what they deserved.

Attachments

• 0505-as2_vy2ss_01.jpg
    0505-as2_vy2ss_01.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 259
  • 0506-jn_vzexecum-lh_01.jpg
    0506-jn_vzexecum-lh_01.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 216
  • 0506-pg2_vyexecum_00.jpg
    0506-pg2_vyexecum_00.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 278
  • 0507-pg2_baxtum_00.jpg
    0507-pg2_baxtum_00.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 224
  • ozledM2041.jpg
    ozledM2041.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 261
  • vyss_ms_14.jpg
    vyss_ms_14.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 236

holden#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive V6
like a mate of mine... had a r32 4wd skyline... driving up newell, sees this blue ba xr6, xr6 goes straight around, anyhow, he wound up the skyline, ba disappeared from view. went through a town. suddenly xr6 was behind him. same colour. he booted the skyline. fatal mistake. was a unmarked patrol car!!

nice photos of unmarked cars by the way.

how did ya come across those?

daveb8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
i found a website full of cop car photos....you can find anything on the internet.

http://www.auspolcars.info/

i kinda like cop cars for some reason - not what they do, just the look of them. must be their lights or something.

just found some more pics...look familar?

Attachments

• 0509-dr_tlmanaawdum_01.jpg
    0509-dr_tlmanaawdum_01.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 1,175
  • 0509-dr_tlmanaawdum_02.jpg
    0509-dr_tlmanaawdum_02.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 1,792

vh-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS sedan and a VK DRGWGN
holden#1 said:
vh holden,

if you happen to have some photos of police officers with their unmarked cars doin' their thing, post em. i see way too many of your copy and pasted ba falcons & camrys. what about some police action shots eh!!! lol.

i think you missed the point of my post, but here's some more pictures of cars that might be unmarked, and this time with police.
front.jpg

piperpolice.jpg

scramble.jpg

bitch

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh worked 5ltr
Hsv_008 said:
Usaully everyone SLAMS on the BRAKES in Vic Country if they see a late model tinted windowed car on the side of the road, and most cases u can see the massive camera box on the ground... I Luv it when they Play Hide and SEEk! Do U FlASH UR LIGHTS TO WARN OTHERS?!!?? :air:

sh!t yeah :yeah:

Status
Not open for further replies.