Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

pipe work on Air con units different

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E..VF2 redline W375.. 200 series landcruiser
hey guys im looking for some info on air con units for the early VB, VC, VH, VK possibly VL. i purchased a N.O.S air con unit that said it was for the first gen commodores. i got it in the mail today and it looks perfect all the plugs are exactly the same with the same colour wires. the only thing is that the pipe work that goes through the fire wall looks a bit different. on my VH SL/E the 2 pipes come straight out from the fire wall parrallel to each other. on the new unit one pipe comes out staight the other looks like it is at 90deg and there is also an extra piece that is covered by some grey protective putty that has a little copper tube going to it. can anyone identifiy this unit for me and can i make it work in my VH

here is the new unit
P6290046.jpg

the yellow and orange caps are ends of the pipes. that grey stuff is just a protectant of some sort and comes off easily
P6290044.jpg

P6290045.jpg

and here is how the pipe work is in my VH
P6290049.jpg

i have never pulled one out so im not sure if this is how they all look and all i have to do is swap my parrallel pipes over to it or if it is a different unit ... cheers any help would be great

magnetvh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 381pack
Haha I was biding on that too. Iv pulled out about 7-8 and they all b the same as the one u pull out. Throw the part number at me cause I'm sure wen I was bidding on it I checked part number and it was different I'm sure.

Reaction score
Members Ride
youll have to wait till tomorrow till i can get the part number as i am at work... so are you saying they all look like that at the back or is this new unit from something different

magnetvh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 381pack
The 2 big pipes look the same just has that 90deg small tube with orange cap on that wraps around the bottom. Neva seen that. Might be made that way after the release of the VK (which had a different unit in it) cause there was a problem with the early units and having em that way rectified the problem..

Reaction score
Members Ride
there is still only 2 outlets (the orange and the yellow) that little tube you can see in the pics comes out from the body and wraps around a few times then goes to where the yellow cap is.. so yeah i might go check out my mates VK.

in my VH there was a big square valve body that those 2 pipes screwd into( think it is called a TX valve). not sure how this is going to work

magnetvh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 381pack
I dont think the VK ones have the same outlet. Plus it might b somewhere diff on the fire wall cause of the fuse box in the engine bay. But I havnt lookd at a VK.
Hey if you dnt want it I'll grab it of ya lol

Reaction score
Members Ride
haha nah i should be able to work it out... its too good of find to just give up on it ... from a picture of it i think i can make out the part number 92015472?

Reaction score
Members Ride
ah so what your saying is that i wont need that large square TX valve that was on my VH because it has one built into it... you got any pics of yours mate im doing a 5lt conversion like youve done

magnetvh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 381pack
That's rite I remember. That part number isn't in the book. Must be a superseded number. I remember ringing Holden and they said it was early first gen Holden evap box. That's all they had about it. Good pick up. At least your a/c will be new and real cold.