Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

plasma or LCD

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Vf SV6 Jungle Fever
i just bought a sony 1080p 100hz 46" LCD HD TV with a free PS3! Sony have a promotion where they give away 35000 this month (july) so get in quick only 21000 left
(14th july)
went to Harvey Norman and got 30 months interest free. probably get a better deal with cash but i didnt have a spare $3300.00!!

and the picture is just mind blowing, looks like it is 3D and you can see all the peoples wrinkles and make up in great detail! just love it!!

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
went to Harvey Norman and got 30 months interest free.

Be REALLY careful with that... pay it all off COMPLETELY and have confirmation it's COMPLETELY paid of in writing or they'll stick you with nearly 30% interest once the interest free period wares off.

Gut up the card they give you and throw it away too - that way you can't just keep increasing the debt. People get burnt BADLY by these so called deals. A guy I know owes over $20,000 from a TV he bought a few years back because he didn't pay it off during the interest free period.

Good choice of TV though :thumbsup:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Be REALLY careful with that... pay it all off COMPLETELY and have confirmation it's COMPLETELY paid of in writing or they'll stick you with nearly 30% interest once the interest free period wares off.

Gut up the card they give you and throw it away too - that way you can't just keep increasing the debt. People get burnt BADLY by these so called deals. A guy I know owes over $20,000 from a TV he bought a few years back because he didn't pay it off during the interest free period.

Pfft GE cards FTW, we have a 20k limit on ours, wait until 4 yrs interest free comes up and buy what we want. It is brilliant when people give you their money to use at no cost :D

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Vf SV6 Jungle Fever
i agree with minux, we have bought loads of big ticket items with interest free and ALWAYS pay it off before the due date. it is a great idea to get what you want when you want it and setup a regular payment plan direct to the GE card account.
we will keep using it and never pay interest as we are very aware as to what can happen if you don't pay it off before time.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux

Agreed, a family friend found out the hard way that its interest free for so long. In his case it was 24 months, but the payment plan they put him on meant he was 2 or 3 days out of 24 months and they charge him the interest all the way back from the start, not the remaining balance. Ended up paying 3 times as much just in interest. Not to mention the $20 "interest free charge" each month and a few other charges here and their, its a joke. Personelly If i cant afford it with cash i dont buy it.

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Vf SV6 Jungle Fever
The old way of back charging the interest for the whole $ amount is now against the law and was an old practice used by thieves such as AGC and the like. the easy way to do it now is just divide the total by 30 months or however many months it is free of interest and add i few dollars and make that payment by a bank direct deposit every month/week.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Bottom line, don't buy something you can't afford!

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
What else is a 17 year old going to pay with?

Stupidly enough I could probly get finance. They gave finance to my sister wen she was 16, shes now 22 so it was some time ago, but it wouldnt suprise me if i could get it, those companies would do anything to try and make a buck.
Also on the age factor, i have mates who are earning 60K + a year in trades (off shore) so really age means jack **** these days.

Bottom line, don't buy something you can't afford!

Exactly, but people see new technology and will do anything to keep up with the Jones's. No matter how old I am or going to be, i would never get finance for a TV or anything like that. A bank loan for a house or even a car (if i was desperate) yes.