Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

plasma or LCD

yobbo88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH commodore SL wagon 253
- 1080p
- 100Hz
- 40" or more (big enough for the room you have anyway)
- 8ms response time or better
- contrast of 10-15,000:1 minimum
- Make sure it has enough connections for what you own!!!

Thats what i tell customers when they come to me for a tv. Dont worry about LCD vs Plasma its old news now they are all fair awesome.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
51cm Transonic CRT FTW lol, pfft i dont need a big or good TV, barely use it, to much time on the computer.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Has there been any improvement with the trailing thats left behind on lcds with sports and fast moving objects.

Never had any troubles with plasmas but the lcd always seems to have ghosting.

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
We got a Samsung 32in LCD full HD for the bedroom.Great little TV.Cant wait for the living room one to die now.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
its much of a muchness, either one will look smick setup right. only thing i dont like is LCD's and their dead pixels. very dodgy i think that manufacturers consider this "acceptable" for a brand new tv to come out of the box, get turned on and have a dead pixel already. then the warranty is all sketchy about it and you cant get it replaced because 1 dead pixel is an acceptable fault. only a cluster of 5 or more is deemed unacceptable and then can be replaced under warranty.
this is what happened to a mate anyway, very dodgy stuff.

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
Unless you buy a Pioneer Kuro Plasma! :whistling

Im confused,in April you said you have a 52in Samsung LCD and got a free 26inch with the purchase.Yet now the story changed.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Im confused,in April you said you have a 52in Samsung LCD and got a free 26inch with the purchase.Yet now the story changed.

No - I simply commented on Minux's post. He said "plasmas suck arse for animation". Which, if you've ever seen animation on a Pioneer Kuro PDP, you would have to disagree with. Those Pioneer Kuros kick arse for quality! It's no wonder they cost so much...

My Samsung P9 50 inch plasma is still here - looking at it right now actually... I've never had a 52 inch (too big for my lounge room) and the LCD I have is 40inches, also a Samsung and in the bedroom.

Unless you buy a Pioneer Kuro Plasma! :whistling
How you translated that into "I have a Pioneer Kuro Plasma" is beyond me... :p

Don't get me wrong... If I had a lazy $6k, and it'd have to be REALLY lazy, I'd buy one without thinking about it!