Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

PLease help. Ignition diagnostics (V6)

PaulMcGTS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Special Vehicles GTS 2007 VE Sedan 6.0 i V
Opps! Pressed the wrong key. Ha!Ha!Ha! Anyway and whats B.S.
So i'm not up with the

Thanks for your input Paul everything is a plus when you talking about information to problem solve

Thanks for your input Paul anything relevant or not is always welcomed one person when you're trying to problem solve yeah mate just replace the coils and the dfi module who is Delphi genuine parts but I could really do with electrician to look over me while I take on the wiring diagrams and other electrical diagnostic procedures that have been suggested and supplied to me by great people on this site that'll just give me the confidence that I'm heading in the right direction and doing it right. ( cuz I'm no electrician not by any standards of the word.) only a newbie wa cheers for your imput buddy truly welcomed

Hi Paul no just replaced coil packs and dfi mods with genuine Delphi parts relevant or not any input has to be a positive thing when you trying to problem solve you haven't so thanks for taking the time to get back to me cheers mate
No problem mate, did replacing the dfi and coils fix it? There's plenty of knowledgeable people here to get advice off. Car wiring can be tricky because you have wires for things like low reference, 5volt reference's signal but once you get your head around it, it doesn't make any difference, it's still ******* confusing...hahaha Something that helps me is what they call a powerscan tool.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2554490...0J-NWJA0hwO6rAoMn3STXpxk6UlrZVtBoC53EQAvD_BwE

Reactions: Lex

V6025

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt
Immortality, thanks for providing the download mate. Un fortunately i dont have enough storage space to view it atm.
I'm only new to electrical commponents and testing them.
I came across a mutimeter at cashies a few months ago and taught myself how to sorta use it.
Youtube can be a great tool if you can weave your way through and sort out whats rigjt and
So i'm not up with the
I don't know if this is relevant or not but I had a 1998 vt calais many moons ago and had dfi problems. The first time it happened, the car out of the blue started running rough. It turned out the dfi had developed some sort of problem. So replaced it and it was fine. Then around 3 months later same thing happened and it was the exact same problem with the dfi. So again replaced it but this time I bought a spare to have in the car so i could change it out if anything happened. Which it did around about the same time frame. So wacked the spare one in and brought another one but it never missed a beat again. And ironically, the spare one was a cheap arse Chinese one.
Thanks for your input Paul everything is a plus when you talking about information to problem solve
I don't know if this is relevant or not but I had a 1998 vt calais many moons ago and had dfi problems. The first time it happened, the car out of the blue started running rough. It turned out the dfi had developed some sort of problem. So replaced it and it was fine. Then around 3 months later same thing happened and it was the exact same problem with the dfi. So again replaced it but this time I bought a spare to have in the car so i could change it out if anything happened. Which it did around about the same time frame. So wacked the spare one in and brought another one but it never missed a beat again. And ironically, the spare one was a cheap arse Chinese one. Thanks for your input Paul

I don't know if this is relevant or not but I had a 1998 vt calais many moons ago and had dfi problems. The first time it happened, the car out of the blue started running rough. It turned out the dfi had developed some sort of problem. So replaced it and it was fine. Then around 3 months later same thing happened and it was the exact same problem with the dfi. So again replaced it but this time I bought a spare to have in the car so i could change it out if anything happened. Which it did around about the same time frame. So wacked the spare one in and brought another one but it never missed a beat again. And ironically, the spare one was a cheap arse Chinese one.
Thanks for your input Paul anything relevant or not is always welcomed one person when you're trying to problem solve yeah mate just replace the coils and the dfi module who is Delphi genuine parts but I could really do with electrician to look over me while I take on the wiring diagrams and other electrical diagnostic procedures that have been suggested and supplied to me by great people on this site that'll just give me the confidence that I'm heading in the right direction and doing it right. ( cuz I'm no electrician not by any standards of the word.) only a newbie wa cheers for your imput buddy truly welcomed
No problem mate, did replacing the dfi and coils fix it? There's plenty of knowledgeable people here to get advice off. Car wiring can be tricky because you have wires for things like low reference, 5volt reference's signal but once you get your head around it, it doesn't make any difference, it's still ******* confusing...hahaha Something that helps me is what they call a powerscan tool.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/255449014256?chn=ps&_ul=AU&_trkparms=ispr=1&amdata=enc:11aXz2JcETDaHcjZnc4DerQ25&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=705-139619-5960-0&mkcid=2&itemid=255449014256&targetid=&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=1000676&poi=&campaignid=15984321586&mkgroupid=&rlsatarget=&abcId=9300814&merchantid=119413351&gclid=CjwKCAjwy_aUBhACEiwA2IHHQHeW3T866AR1DOKa51RS9x0J-NWJA0hwO6rAoMn3STXpxk6UlrZVtBoC53EQAvD_BwE
Many thx mate. I'll look into that one. Cheers!!

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
So i'm not up with the

Many thx mate. I'll look into that one. Cheers!!
Here is some more reading for you.
I think @rjk posted it a few years ago? Maybe, may have been @lout?
Good reading.

V6025

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt
Hey Lex, very interesting reading thankyou. Ric.
Thankyou mate. I fixed my problem. You can read about that in the NOVEL i just wrote. Lol. Cheers

Reactions: Lex

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
What was the problem I couldn't find anything where you said what you replaced to sort it out?

V6025

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt
Hey losh
What was the problem I couldn't find anything where you said what you replaced to sort it out?
, thx 4 the repy mate. Sorted it out eventually. But it was definately a mission.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Hey losh

, thx 4 the repy mate. Sorted it out eventually. But it was definately a mission.
He was asking what the problem was?
For users of the forum, in the future trying to work out what is wrong with their car.